AS running FileMaker Pro 13 Scripts on Mac OS 10.10

I have a complex solution ” Xcode AppleScript Obj-C project, loading up libraries and other scripts to publish an InDesign catalog from FileMaker pro data ” which, after working great for years, is having issues with 10.10.

I tracked it down to a problem when the script opens a FileMaker database and begins running scripts within it.

After testing and troubleshooting, it seems to be some kind of intermittent issue where the script just won’t run. Its odd because the solution starts by running a few scripts in a networked database and those seem to work perfectly, driven by the same subroutine. The problem only occurs with DB files opened from a folder directory. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn’t, including some time without me changing anything in the code (just re-running).

I am curious if anyone else has had an issue with this kind of thing and/or if you might have any suggestions as to what to try. Things I have tried (all of which may not have made a difference since the problem disappears and reappears seemingly at will):

¢ Moved many scripts that used to be externally loaded into the Xcode project
¢ Removed the extension from the DB file name when it calls the script
¢ Changed my method of detecting the completion of a FM script running, thinking I was having accessibility security issues.
¢ Rebooted

I am posting this here rather than the AS-Obj-C forum since I think it is more of an OS/AS issue than Xcode… but I could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Model: MacBook Pro
Browser: Safari 537.85.10
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

I can also report that pulling the code in question out of AS-Obj-C / Xcode has no impact, the problem persists.

Hi, I also generate InDesign (CS6) files with FileMaker Pro (13) databases. However, I’m currently on Mavericks (10.9.5) and have never seen this problem.

A few places I’d look are: permissions on files in the folder; whether Time Machine is interfering with permissions/file lock while backing up files; whether the user is always running as a superuser on the Mac; whether you’re asking Finder or FM to open the FM file; startup trigger scripts in the FM file; initial layout/found set in the FM file; user access permissions in the FM file; the Gatekeeper folderol/settings.