Issues writing Applescript loop

Hi,

I am new to using AppleScript and was googling how to use Applescript to open a Terminal session and connect to a remote box using SSH.

This was successful in a single instance, using the script:
tell application “Terminal”
activate
do script “ssh root@10.10.51.1
– // write some linux commands to remote server
end tell

Then saving it as an application.

As this now works, the issue I have is that I have a list of box’s that I need to connect to on a regular basis (i’ve just moved from a Windows machine where I used putty) and need to create Applescripts, for each one.

I am having trouble in finding out how to use this list (currently a numbers spreadsheet) to create some kind of loop, to create individual files, for each one.

I was thinking about converting it to a csv file and the creating a script that uses the column headers:
IP address
Number
Name
Opens script editor, enters the same script as before, replaces the IP address, saves the script, using the naming convention Number-Name and then putting them into subfolders for each location. However as I said earlier, as I’m new to scripting in AppleScript, I’m finding it hard to trall through all the tutorials and forums for assistance.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Hi,

this is a simple script which assumes a file data.csv on desktop.
This file contains comma separated lines as you specified for example
10.10.51.1,128,John Doe,/Users/John/Documents/
The script reads the file and assigns the fields to variables of each line in a repeat loop.
Hope it helps

set csvFile to (path to desktop as text) & "data.csv"
set theRecords to paragraphs of (read file csvFile)
set {TID, text item delimiters} to {text item delimiters, ","}
repeat with aRecord in theRecords
	set {ipAddress, aNumber, aName, aLocation} to text items of aRecord
	do shell script "ssh root@" & ipAddress
end repeat
set text item delimiters to TID