Keeping the returns from an email

Hello
I’m having some issues copying the body of an email into a new email; It works fine but somehow it loses all the returns. It’s quite a big script so I’m just showing a small part.

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
		set selMsg to the selected objects
		try
			set theMsg to first item of selMsg
		on error
			display alert "Probably No Message Selected!"
			error number -128
		end try
		set theContent to the content of theMsg
		set theAccount to account of theMsg
		--This moves the original email request to the Storage_Original_Requests Folder
		set archiveFolder to folder "Storage_Original_Requests" of folder "STORAGE" of folder "Inbox" of theAccount
		move theMsg to archiveFolder		
		set sourceText to theContent
	end tell

Later on in the same script I invoke the text stored in theContent:

set fwMsg to "Please find attached PDF proof, check all the details are correct and let us know if it's ready for printing </br>IMPORTANT! You will need to reply to this email with an approval in order for us to proceed with your request.</br>Please note web or email addresses not part of xxx.ac.uk are NOT allowed on the card </br>Kind regards</br>The Repro team</br></br></br>"

set newMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:bcSets & lhSets & csSets & statName, content:fwMsg & theContent}
			tell newMessage
				make new recipient with properties {email address:{address:contactEmail}}
				make new cc recipient with properties {email address:{address:reproAdmin}}
				make new attachment at newMessage with properties {file:pdfFile}
				open newMessage
			end tell			
		end tell

If the original content was
line1
line2
line3
I’m getting in the newly created email line1line2line3. Could you please show me what I need to do to keep the returns?
Thanks for your help!

What if you use :

-- tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
set fwMsg to "Please find attached PDF proof, check all the details are correct and let us know if it's ready for printing " & return &"IMPORTANT! You will need to reply to this email with an approval in order for us to proceed with your request. & return &"Please note web or email addresses not part of xxx.ac.uk are NOT allowed on the card  & return &"Kind regards & return &"The Repro team & return  & return  & return

or

set {oTIDs, AppleScript's text item delimiters} to {AppleScript's text item delimiters, " </br>"}
set theContent to (paragraphs of theContent) as text
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to oTIDs

set fwMsg to "Please find attached PDF proof, check all the details are correct and let us know if it's ready for printing </br>IMPORTANT! You will need to reply to this email with an approval in order for us to proceed with your request.</br>Please note web or email addresses not part of xxx.ac.uk are NOT allowed on the card </br>Kind regards</br>The Repro team</br></br></br>"

Yvan KOENIG running Sierra 10.12.3 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 28 février 2017 13:57:04