Combine multiple InDesign documents into one file

Apologies if this has been asked before. I’ve had a good look around the forums but couldn’t find anything.

I’m in the process of writing a script to automate part of my workflow using AppleScript, and I’ve hit a stumbling block. The script produces a folder full of single page .indd documents. They’re all the same size. What I want is to combine these documents into one multi page document. I thought it would be relatively simple to open all the docs and then just merge them together but I can’t find anything in the InDesign AppleScript Guide and I’m lost. The script already names the files in such a way that their alphabetical order corresponds to the page order I would like them to be in once combined.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, I’d be very grateful. I’m stumped. I’m using InDesign CC 2017.

Hi. Use finder to get a chosen folder’s files. You can then use InDesign’s duplicate command from one open document to another.

Hi Marc. This was exactly what I needed to get the ball rolling and put me on the path to a solution that does exactly what I need. Thanks so much.