Wednesday, August 16, 2017

#1 2017-07-30 11:56:06 am

Corbotron

Combine multiple InDesign documents into one file

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've had a good look around the forums but couldn't find anything.

I'm in the process of writing a script to automate part of my workflow using AppleScript, and I've hit a stumbling block. The script produces a folder full of single page .indd documents. They're all the same size. What I want is to combine these documents into one multi page document. I thought it would be relatively simple to open all the docs and then just merge them together but I can't find anything in the InDesign AppleScript Guide and I'm lost. The script already names the files in such a way that their alphabetical order corresponds to the page order I would like them to be in once combined.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful. I'm stumped. I'm using InDesign CC 2017.

#2 2017-07-30 03:02:57 pm

Marc Anthony

Re: Combine multiple InDesign documents into one file

Hi. Use finder to get a chosen folder's files. You can then use InDesign's duplicate command from one open document to another.

#3 2017-07-31 04:11:34 am

Corbotron

Re: Combine multiple InDesign documents into one file

Marc Anthony wrote:

Hi. Use finder to get a chosen folder's files. You can then use InDesign's duplicate command from one open document to another.

Hi Marc. This was exactly what I needed to get the ball rolling and put me on the path to a solution that does exactly what I need. Thanks so much.

Board footer