Access Automator variables in AppleScript

Is there a way to access Automator variables inside of an AppleScript? I have multiple variables defined in the workflow that I need to access inside of the AppleScript.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Neil

This is the exact thing that I am looking to do. Did you have any success achieving this?

All you need is to use the Get Value of Variable action, which passes the variable value to the next action. Using Run AppleScript as the next action, the value of the variable chosen in the Get Value of Variable action becomes the input for the AppleScript. So, let’s say you want a new folder on the Desktop with the reverse of your User name i[/i] as the name of the folder. Use User Name in the Get Value of Variable action, and then use this in the Run AppleScript action:

on run {input, parameters}
	set input02 to (input as text)
	set new_desktop_folder_Name to (word 2 of input02) & (word 1 of input02)
	tell application "Finder" to make new folder at desktop with properties {name:new_desktop_folder_Name}
end run

I hope this helps,

I think the issue that people are actually having is when it comes to accessing multiple variables that they have defined. Getting one is trivial.

Hi I am currently working on an Automator work flow that uses two variables in the one applescript.
How do i use both? One variable works fine… Was there an answer to this?

Thanks…

Just found the answer…

http://moonsharke.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/multiple-variables-for-automators-run-applescript-action/