Trouble with Move Command

Pleasse bear with me… I am not a scripting wiz, and once I have a script down, I just leave it alone. But switching from OS9 to OSX (currently 10.1.5, ScriptEditor 1.7), I’ver run into some problems. I have an applet that I drag a folder of backup files onto. The backup files exist on an external Firewire drive I’ll call Firewire 1, and the script (in OS9) makes a copy (move command) from Firewire 1 onto a seperate archive Firewire drive (Firewire 2), then moves the folder from one location on Firewire 1 to another. What results is 2 copies of the backup folder, one in an Archived folder on Firewire 1, AND in a folder on Firewire 2. Once the backups are burned to DVD from Firewire 2, the files are deleted from Firewire 1. The applet (good or bad, I don’t know, but it works) is below:

on open (somefile)
tell application “Finder”
move (somefile)to folder “Archives BC” of folder “FMPro Backups” of disk “Rick’sFirewire80”
move (somefile) to folder “Archives BC” of folder “oldArchives” of folder “~Server Archives” of folder “Backups” of disk “FMPro Backups”
end tell
end open

Okay, so I opened the script in OSX and saved it. When I run it, it MOVES the files from Firewire 1 to Firewire 2, but it does not copy like it did in OS9, it actually erases them from Firewire 1, so when the second MOVE command comes around, I get an error “File some object wasn’t found.” I also tried substituting COPY and DUPLICATE for the first MOVE, but that didn’t work either. What I want to do is Copy the file from Firewire 1 to Firewire 2, and then MOVE the original file from one folder to another on Firewire 1. Any suggestions?

Does this work?

on open (somefile)
	tell application "Finder"
		repeat with anItem in somefile
			duplicate anItem to folder "Archives BC" of folder "FMPro Backups" of disk "Rick'sFirewire80"
			duplicate anItem to folder "Archives BC" of folder "oldArchives" of folder "~Server Archives" of folder "Backups" of disk "FMPro Backups"
		end repeat
	end tell
end open