Tuesday, January 23, 2018

#1 2011-03-25 09:32:16 pm

schwenn

Connecting Script to interface

I apologize for the 'noob-ness' of this.  I've made some fairly complex apple scripts but I have no idea what I'm really doing with xcode, cocoa, or obj-c.

I have set of scripts that I want to run but I want it to open as an application and ask the user for a few pieces of text.   I'm writing this because I have the scripts all ready, I know what the simple interface should look like - it's just so hard to figure out how to make it all work together with xcode because applescript studio is depreciated.  I was able to enable it in the interface editor and that really helped line things up with the tutorials I see ...  my main problem is there is so much info out there, it just doesn't apply to xcode/OS X today.

Thoughts?  Anyone wish to help me out with this?  Once I finally got it "connected" xcode build and run always errors out on the "on clicked theObject" line.  Error below:

error: Expected “given”, “into”, “with”, “without” or other parameter name but found identifier. (-2741)

#2 2011-03-26 03:50:15 am

schwenn

Re: Connecting Script to interface

I think I have to finally bite the bullet and go forward with AppleScriptObjC and check out the tutorials in the other forum.  They look pretty complete so hopefully this will go smoothly.

Board footer