Move Selection VBA to AppleScript

I am trying to convert the following four VBA Macros to AppleScript for MS Excel. All I need to do is retain the selection size and move everything around by one.

[format]Sub MoveSelectionUp()

Selection.Offset(-1, 0).Select

End Sub

Sub MoveSelectionDown()

Selection.Offset(1, 0).Select

End Sub

Sub MoveSelectionLeft()

Selection.Offset(0, -1).Select

End Sub

Sub MoveSelectionRight()

Selection.Offset(0, 1).Select

End Sub
[/format]

Here are the four sub routines you requested in Applescript. The first tell block shows how to call the routine. This is brute force. There is no error checking: a range must be selected and it must have room to move in whatever direction is selected. Hope they help.

tell application "Microsoft Excel"
	set myRange to selection
	my moveSelectionUp(myRange)
	--my moveSelectionDown(myRange)
	--my moveSelectionLeft(myRange)
	--my moveSelectionRight(myRange)
	activate
end tell

on moveSelectionUp(theRange)
	tell application "Microsoft Excel" to select (get offset of theRange row offset -1)
end moveSelectionUp

on moveSelectionDown(theRange)
	tell application "Microsoft Excel" to select (get offset of theRange row offset 1)
end moveSelectionDown

on moveSelectionLeft(theRange)
	tell application "Microsoft Excel" to select (get offset of theRange column offset -1)
end moveSelectionLeft

on moveSelectionRight(theRange)
	tell application "Microsoft Excel" to select (get offset of theRange column offset 1)
end moveSelectionRight

This is great, thank you! I have replaced all the VBA with AppleScript so I don’t have to have macro-enabled spreadsheets, so very nice to have this be able to work in any worksheet.

My apologies for the late reply, I hadn’t been on in a while and thought I received emails when a reply was posted but I have updated that setting.