InDesign Bug creating spread?

Hello,

found what seems bug. Step to replicate:

Create a new blank document with one page with section number 2 (left side)

Run the script:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2014"
	tell active document
		set spreadRef to make new spread at end with properties {applied master:master spread "B-Dom"}
	end tell
end tell

PS: rename the master spread with the name of master spread you have

This should generate two facing pages (left and right) AFTER page 2 like the command said.

The result is that the spread is created before the page 2

Can somebody confirm this strange behavior?

InDesign CC 2014

Stefano - Ame

Hi. In the Pages palette drop-down, change the settings for “Allow Document Pages to Shuffle” and/or “Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle” before running the script. Unchecking the former allows your script to work in CC 2018 for me.

Setting a document preference via script also works here:

tell application id "com.adobe.indesign"
	tell active document
		tell document preferences
			set allow page shuffle to false -- reset to original setting later if necessary
		end tell
		set spreadRef to make new spread at end with properties {applied master:master spread "A-Master"}
	end tell
end tell

Hi kerflooey,

yes but from technical point of view If I ask to create spread at the end of document I expect that spread is generated at the end not at the beginning.
I know the Allow Document Pages to Shuffle and Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle but in this case seems a workaround for don’t generate the spread at the beginning. Or I’m wrong?
If I do the same concept using menu (manually) and choose insert 2 page using master page “abc” at the end all works good.

Stefano - Ame