are multiple selections allowed?

Hi
I was wondering if a method exists to allow multiple selections from a drop box or combo box?, the selections are text only.

if so would you mind sharing a snippet of code please, i’m thinking it’s not possible from what i’ve read
but it’s worth asking just in case, if it’s not possible what other options would I have please.

cheers

A combo box is just a specialized kind of text field, so selection is not relevant. I don’t know what a drop box is.

sorry, pop up button, cheers Shane

so what would you suggest I look into for having multiple selections allowed, like a list dialog
but set up in xcode?

You can do it in a popup — just have its action handler toggle the state of the sender. But most times non-exclusive radio buttons or a table are better choices, in that they’re more visible.

thanks for the advice, seems better to go down the table avenue

i’ve been using this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6241289 as a guide to set up a table view, but cant get the text to show at all, are any up to date tutorials available that you no of or down loadable sample projects to see how it all works.

cheers

Apple’s table view programming guide is probably a good place to start. The reality is that they’re fairly complex beasts to understand, and they’re hard to program without a reasonable level of understanding.