Friday, January 24, 2020

#26 2019-08-19 06:06:21 pm

markconwaymunro
Website

Re: ASObjC Source List with Static Values

TedW wrote:

Hah! Sorry, I thought that Mark was you: he was following the exact same line of thought, and even linked back to the StackOverflow discussion we were having. Too funny... big_smile

I'll get back to you on this tomorrow afternoon. I know how to implement this in theory, but I've never actually done it, so some puddling around is in order.

No, I'm just some random dude who stumbled across the StackOverflow example for which I am eternally grateful!!

#27 2019-08-19 09:11:50 pm

TheIaMonLyOneHeRe

TedW wrote:

Ok, so here's how you use a nib file (at least one way of doing it, but it's the one that makes most sense to me...).

3. Click on the Connections inspector, and drag to connect the 'view' outlet of the File's Owner to the top-level of the view you've created.

Of course, here you'll have to do whatever bindings and connection you want to make for this particular view. Anything you set as a property in the view controller can be accessed by the view through the parent object, and that's how you'll pass data into the view. But I'm sure you can figure that out.

I tried but lost in the process.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vn1ej5

Last edited by TheIaMonLyOneHeRe (2019-08-20 09:34:35 am)

#28 2019-08-20 08:23:04 am

TedW

TheIaMonLyOneHeRe wrote:

I tried but lost in the process.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vn1ej5

Quoting everything I said back at me and saying you got lost is unhelpful. It does'nt tell me anything about what you did or where you got lost. Please edit down quotes to the bare minimum that demonstrates a problem (or if you can't, don't include them at all) and expand what you yourself write to give more specific details.

I'll take a look at the link, but please keep in mind that I'm here to assist you. Ultimately, you have to bang your head on what I write until you understand it, otherwise you'll never be able to move forward on your own. I've already over-committed to this (because I found it interesting, and I like helping earnest people like you), but if you want someone to just do the project for you, you should contract it out.

#29 2019-08-20 09:43:56 am

TheIaMonLyOneHeRe

Hi @Ted, thank you for taking your time and knowledge to help me and help others, you're right in what you said, but I want to learn how things work and I don't want anyone to do the project for me otherwise I will never learn to walk on my own legs, I edited the quotes I think my problem is item 3, I posted the project why you can point me out the mistake and not fix it for me anyway
Thank you for your time dedicated to this cause.

#30 2019-08-20 09:18:11 pm

TedW

I see the problem. When you altered the 'sidebarList' variable in 'applicationWillFinishLaunching_', you accidentally deleted the two following lines:

Applescript:

arrayController's addObjects:sidebarList
       arrayController's setSelectionIndex:1

that's where the data is added to the array controller; without it the GUI has no data to work with.

#31 2019-08-20 10:05:46 pm

TheIaMonLyOneHeRe

You're right, thanks!
Now I'm going to read Mark's posts and the answers you gave him, maybe I'll find the answer to my questions.:)

#32 2019-08-24 10:52:08 pm

TheIaMonLyOneHeRe

Another question, is there any way to make Sidebar transparent?

#33 2019-08-24 11:33:40 pm

TedW

Transparent? Transparent so that you can see what behind it? The desktop? Other windows? Some background image?

I suppose that could be done — I've never worked with transparency, but I imagine it's possible — but I can't imagine it would be a pleasant experience for the user. Is there a specific reason you want to do this?

Board footer