Errant plist file created for applet ?

I have been working on an applet for 4 years. I’ve only just noticed but, for at least the last 2 years, when I run the applet, a new plist file is saved to the ~/Library/Preferences folder. The content of the plist file varies. Most recently it contains:

All versions of that file contain at least entries for NSNavLastRootDirectory and NSNavPanelExpandedSizeForOpenMode. The file has the same name as the bundle ID of the applet i.e.

The folder named is used by the applet to save files and so NSNavLastRootDirectory seems connected.

I have no code to create that file. Is this something that is always created by an applet ? My applet is code signed and notarised and so does not have persistence. Is that relevant ?

I’ve Googled this for a couple of hours and not found an explanation. Is this standard behaviour for an applet ?

Thanks.

That happens with all applets that display a save or open file dialog. That’s how they know to return to the same place next launch. (It’s the OS’s defaults system in action.)

Shane, many thanks. Good to know its normal behaviour.

Cheers.