Document-Based App problems

I have created a document-based ASS application. This project is still in the early stages (only 2 windows at this time, possibly many more in the future). Each window is in its own nib file. Each nib file was created by opening the original “document.nib” file in IB and saving it as a different nib file, targeting the same project. The “Save”/“Save As” menu items work fine on the default document.nib file. However, the save/save as do NOT work (are grayed out) when the other nib files are the front-most window.

Each window has 4 data sources (for a total of 8 at this time). That is why I have separated each window into different nib files. Other than the objects added to each nib, I have been unable to find anything different about the files. Each as a NSDocument object. All are connected the same as the default document.nib file.

What do I need to do to allow each nib access to the high-level coding that is available to the default document.nib file (i.e. “data representation” and “load data representation”)?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Brad Bumgarner, CTA

(This message has also been posted on Apple’s Applescript Studio mail-list.)