Code Sense Misunderstanding?

I never had to deal with Code Sense in ASS, and I’m running into a frustrating issue that I assume is Code Sense-related.

This is typical: I will inadvertently type in something like “colorWithCalibratedRed_Green_Blue_Alpha_”, not realizing the G of Green, B of Blue, and A of Alpha need to be lower caps. Unless I use pipes, like so “|colorWithCalibratedRed_green_blue_alpha_|”, Xcode will always revert back to the incorrectly-cased version that I originally typed. I’d really like to get rid of about a half-dozen of these piped literals.

I’ve tried re-indexing Code Sense, reselecting from Option-esc popup, and so on, to no avail. Is there a way to remove the wrong text from a Code Sense list somewhere so it stops coming up?

Thanks.

I think it’s more an AS problem than a Code Sense problem. You’re going to have to go through the same copy-delete-save-anew routine as you would to change the case of a variable in AS. Me, I’m getting used to lots of pipes…

Thanks Shane, though I was hoping you wouldn’t say that.

Hi Doug,

I had the same problem… and I didn’t want to use pipes!
The following procedure worked for me:

1. comment out the line of code with the problem (or maybe it’s enough to pipe the mispelled command);
  2. open the inspector of your project and use “Rebuild Code Sense Index” in the General tab;
  3. save project and quit Xcode;
  4. reopen the project in Xcode;
  5. edit the line of code previously commented out or piped;
  6. save, build and run.

Hope this helps.

Paolo