Panel with progress bar indicator at "on opened theObject"-Handler

Hi,

my little studio-app (basend on this example from “Fredo d;o)”: http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?pid=61654#p61654) has an auto-start-feature:
After starting the program it shows an interruptable dialog for 10 seconds (Picture: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154942/start_program.jpg). This works, but only with a cosmetically problem: After running the program it is starting in a “backround mode” (see the picture, program runs, but menu is from XCode), the button “Cancel” is not clickable. Only if I press the “ESC”-key when the panel runs, it comes to the foreground, the progress indicator stops and the button is clickable.

If I start the same code from inside an “on clicked theObject”-Handler it works fine. Seems that I cant start a panel with an progress bar from inside the “on opened theObject”-Handler.

I’ve no idea, which handler I’ve to use, hope for your support.

Here’s the code:

on opened theObject
	tell window "windowProgress"
		set contents of text field "textfieldProgressTitre" to "Reportgenerator."
		set contents of text field "textfieldProgressInofs" to "Starting..."
		set contents of progress indicator "progressIndicator" to 0 -- Start value
	end tell
	display panel window "windowProgress" attached to window "windowMain" --of theObject
	tell me to activate
	delay 1
		tell progress indicator "progressIndicator" to set maximum value to 10
		tell progress indicator "progressIndicator" to set indeterminate to false
		repeat with a from 1 to 10
			set myseconds to 10 - a
			set contents of text field "textfieldProgressInofs" to "Start in " & myseconds & " seconds."
			tell progress indicator "progressIndicator" to increment by 1
			delay 1
		end repeat
	end tell
	close panel window "windowProgress"
	--main routine handler here--
end opened

Here’s a sample project (only 53k to download),it shows the problem: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154942/DisplayPanel_Progress%20Indicator%20Example.zip

Greetings Rebewslin

Model: MacBook Late 2007
AppleScript: XCode 3.2.4
Browser: Safari 531.22.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

Quick & dirty solution: I moved the code to the “on idle”-Handler. To prevent that the code runs again after the program was started I included a new variable.

This is the code:

property autostart : true

on idle
if autostart then  
       set contents of text field "textfieldProgressTitre" to "Reportgenerator."
       set contents of text field "textfieldProgressInofs" to "Starting..."
       set contents of progress indicator "progressIndicator" to 0 -- Start value
   end tell
   display panel window "windowProgress" attached to window "windowMain" --of theObject
   tell me to activate
   delay 1
       tell progress indicator "progressIndicator" to set maximum value to 10
       tell progress indicator "progressIndicator" to set indeterminate to false
       repeat with a from 1 to 10
           set myseconds to 10 - a
           set contents of text field "textfieldProgressInofs" to "Start in " & myseconds & " seconds."
           tell progress indicator "progressIndicator" to increment by 1
           delay 1
       end repeat
   end tell
   close panel window "windowProgress"
   --main routine handler here--
   set autostart to false
end if
end opened

That works fine!

Rebewslin