Applescript for MPEG Streamclip

Is there a way to control MPEG Streamclip with Applescript. I want a script to set in and out points and cut out the section. I can’t find an applescript dictionary. Any advise would be appreciated.

A quick gander with this script:

-- Entire Contents Demo - mini
-- BP ages ago or so

-- This'll get all the controls and structures associated with an App's window and menus
-- In a form which is easily pasteable into your own scripts
-- and show them in the result pane below.
--
-- Copy that into a text editor and change commas to returns to get an easily  readable list.
--
-- The script can take a long time if there are LOTS of window items, such as
-- in the "music" pane of iTunes. It may even time out if you have a huge iTunes library
-- The script'll process most App's UI structures in under a minute

set appname to "MPEG Streamclip" -------------------------- Set this to the App you want to look at

set winstuff to "defaultval"
set menustuff to "defaultval"

tell application appname
	activate
end tell

tell application "System Events"
	tell process appname
		set winstuff to entire contents of front window
		set menustuff to entire contents of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell
return winstuff & "\r\r\r\r" & menustuff -- comment this out to get just winstuff
return winstuff -- comment this out too to get just menustuff
return menustuff

Yields promising results:

Yup, this script works for me:

tell application "MPEG Streamclip"
	activate
end tell

click menu item "Batch List" of menu "List" of menu bar item "List" of menu bar 1 of application process "MPEG Streamclip"	
end tell

Additionally, running the first script a second time, while the “Batch list” window is in front yields results for that window:

So it’s quite simple to burrow as deeply as needed into the App’s user interface.

The code is great. My next step is to input a cell from excel into the dialog box “GO TO enter time” The excel sheet makes a time code “minutes:seconds,frames” i.e. 06:23,13 I need to get that into Streamclip.

In Quicktime I can :
tell application “QuickTime Player 7”
activate --allow QT to be run by script
tell document 1 --the active file in QT
set selection start to inValue --INVALUE AND OUTVALUE COME FROM EXCEL IN STREAMCLIP INVALUE,OUTVALUE WOULD BE SOMETHINE LIKE 06:23,13
set selection end to outValue --set in out points
set current time to inValue --show in point
delay 2 --wait show out point
set current time to outValue

end tell

end tell

But Streamclip dosen’t seem to have the variables , and . Is there code to do that or must I use cut and paste keyboard commands that I’ve seen in other applescripts? Something like this

tell application "Finder"
	activate
	open selection using application file "MPEG Streamclip.app" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
end tell

tell application "MPEG Streamclip" to activate
	tell process "MPEG Streamclip"
		keystroke "e" using {control down, command down}
		delay 1.5
		keystroke return
	end tell
end tell

The following code brings up the dialog box I need to control with the variable made in excel,

tell application "MPEG Streamclip"
	activate
end tell

click menu item "Go to Time." of menu "Edit" of menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1 of application process "MPEG Streamclip" of application "System Events"

-- or
	--click menu item "Go to In" of menu "Edit" of menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1 of application process "MPEG Streamclip" of application "System Events"
	--click menu item "Go to Out" of menu "Edit" of menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1 of application process "MPEG Streamclip" of application "System Events"
	--click menu item "Cut" of menu "Edit" of menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1 of application process "MPEG Streamclip" of application "System Events"	

end tell

This is a great site and I can’t tell you how much help I’ve received and how much fun I’m having.