Possible to Use Xcode Just For Applescript?

Hey all,

I was wondering something. I’m fairly new to AppleScript (and completely new to the world of Cocoa/Obj-C), but I have a problem ” I despise the standard AppleScript Editor. I understand there are some pay-ware alternatives, such as “Smile,” “Scripter” and “AppleScriptObjC Explorer.” However, since I know that Xcode supports something that is basically “AppleScript plus Cocoa objects,” I was wondering ” is it possible to use Xcode to develop droplets and/or other types of “headless” apps, just by writing traditional AppleScript in the Xcode environment, within an AppleScriptObjC project . . . . only choosing not to use the Cocoa framework? In other words, do AppleScript applications developed with Xcode HAVE to have an interface.nib, and MUST they use Cocoa objects, or can they just be glorified AppleScripts?

Just wondering,

”A.H.

Model: 2011 27" iMac, 3.2 GHx i3 processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD
AppleScript: 2.2.1
Browser: Safari 534.52.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.7)

No, you can’t use Xcode like that. And if you could, you’d grow to despise it more than AppleScript Editor – at least ASE has half-decent logging.

If you want an editor for AppleScript projects, the other choices are Smile or Script Debugger. Scripter was discontinued a long, long time ago.

I use Smile a lot and I really like it. You can download the free version and it’ll do everything you need.