I can't believe I'm asking this...

OK I’m all done with my little application, but now how do I go about compiling it for release as in → turning the scripts into ‘run-only’?

Is it a script or an Apple Script studio application?

As per the forum name!
It is an AppleScript Studio application. I thought I could still recompile it as run-only in Script Editor, but obviously can’t as it doesn’t understand the classes.

In AppleScript studio(project builder), click on the Targets tag (to the right of your file list and the left of your code), then click on the build style triangle, and then click on the Deployment radio button. Then build your application as your normally do in project builder. You will now have a run only version of your application.

If you have ever looked inside the application package that gets created even in development mode you will notice that the apple script is difficult to read because so much is tokenized.

Kevin

Kevin,
I did that but isn’t there a way to make the script come up blank if you then open it in Script Editor to stop people reading it (even though it is quite a bit mumbled up!)

I found that when I set the build style to deployment then script editor could not read the scripts. I can’t remember whether I cleared out the application package before building with the build style set to deployment, to make sure that all the old readable scripts were gone. AS Studio uses the same file extensions for scripts if they are readable or not and you have to make it recompile the scripts, even though the target has changed.

Kevin

Kevin,
Thanks for your help… I’ve just figured it out by doing a “Clean all targets” to get rid of the build and then rebuild it in Deployment mode. File size halved and the script is blank when opened in Script Editor.
Now ready for the Public release!!!

I have slightly edited my previous post, because it was wrong and I didn’t want somebody getting confused in the future.

Kevin