Great Folder Action Automator Workflow - But want to change it to a...

Hello,

I made this great automator workflow which is works great. I drop any text file into the folder and it will take the contents and put it in mail, and as well will put the subject of my new message with the file name. It works like a charm. But instead of having it as a Folder Action, I figure it would be better to have it as a Service, so all that i have to do is right click and select the service to do it for me. It also seems more tidy for me.

How do I go about doing this?

Here is my Folder Action Workflow:

Thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Phil

Model: Macbook Pro
Browser: Safari 536.26.17
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

Hi Phil.

You should use [img] tags rather than [url] to display images on these fora. However, they don’t appear to be working either at the moment! (I’ve substituted them in the quote above.) I’ll e-mail Ray to find out if he’s disabled them.

Hey Nigel,

I fixed it by using the url instead of img. Hope this works.

Thanks.

Phil

Actually, it appears to be the change of url which has made the difference: :slight_smile:

Edit: Image demo removed now that Phil’s fixed it in his own post above.

Nigel,

Great man. I fixed it above and now it works.

Now that we got that squared away, any thoughts on how I should go about changing my workflow to make it a service instead of a folder action?

Regards,

Phil

Not really, I’m afraid. Automator and Services are things I simply don’t use. Looking quickly, I presume you’d start with a Service workflow and populate it with many of the same actions you’re already using.

Nigel,

It’s fine! I figured it out now! :lol:

Phil