How to obtain AppleScript Studio?

I have checked Apple’s web site and even downloaded the developer tools (from ADC), but cannot for the life of me figure out where to get AppleScript Studio.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

TIA

Kevin

It’s on site Apple Developper’s Connection (ADC) :
http://developer.apple.com/

There login you with your ADC id (button on left), (I had one for AppleCare and it was working here too), if you don’t have one it seems free to get one.

Once login done on the left select “Downoad Software”,
then this is on the left the subitem “Developper Tools”.
It is mostly on top of list, 300Mo to download.

But curently the download sites seem down (I was checking)

There is no application named AppleScript Studio. If you have installed the developer tools, you have the suite of tools that is known as AppleScript Studio.

– Rob

Just in case you didn’t already know:

There is no application called “Applescript Studio.” ASS is actually made up of Project Builder and Interface Builder.

The only reason I am posting this is because it took me the LONGEST time to figure that out for myself.

Hope this helps,
Brad Bumgarner, CTA

(Sorry to “step on your toes” Rob. I started my reply and got called away before submitting my reply.)

That may be where my confusion is. Yes, I have the whole developer suite, “Project Buildier”, “Interface Builder”, etc. I just thought there was an app called “AppleScript Studio” (something like “FaceSpan”.)

Knowing now that I have everything already, can you recommend a good tutorial for AppleScript Studio?

Thanks.

Kevin

I would start with Apple’s samples and documentation (also installed with dev tools).

/Developer/
/Developer/Documentation/
file:///Developer/Documentation/Help/README/README.html

– Rob

Thanks Rob. I’ll check it out.

Kev

AppleScript Studio applications are created from the Project Builder application. Go to your Developers folder and open the Applications folder, then double click on the Project Builder and select New Project from the File menu. Then click on AppleScript Application in the Assistant window to create a new AppleScript Studio project. Have fun…