Scripting AirServer

Hi All,

In a nutshell, here’s my problem, and a possible solution, which I can’t seem to script.
I’m using an application called “AirServer” to send audio from iOS devices or other macs to my computer over AirPlay. I’m trying to use a bluetooth speaker as an output, but unfortunately the mac OS doesn’t automatically try to connect to the speaker if you set it as an output device. So I’m trying to write a script, that in theory, checks to see if AirServer is being used for audio playback, checks to see if the speaker is connected, and if not, connects the speaker. AirServer has a small scripting dictionary, that contains, among other things, 2 booleans: ready, and inUse. I’m fairly new to AppleScript, so please forgive my ignorance. I can probably figure out how to connect to a Bluetooth device via scripting, but I need help figuring out how to use the given Booleans to check to see if AirServer is currently in use.When I google how to correctly use booleans in AppleScript (setting true and false) this doesn’t work with this particular application, or at least with my use case. If anyone could shed some light on this or has any suggestions I’d greatly appreciate it.
Under the dictionary, it says “AirServer Application Class. Properties: booleans (r/o ready) and (r/o inUse)”

If you need more information or clarification, please feel free to ask.

Thanks so much,

Rocco