Create choose folder dialog with checkbox - AppleScript

Hi All,

I would need you help/suggestion if I can have choose from list dialog with an checkbox option to select files and folders.

Thanks!!!

I am interpreting your request to mean that you would like to select multiple files/folders at the same time. While there is no check mark option, you can select multiple files with a single command. An example is below:

choose file with prompt "You may select more than 1 file." with multiple selections allowed

Use the command key down and click on the files desired to select multiple files from the dialog that appears.

If you want to select files and folders from one dialog you need the Satimage osax.

CAUTION

I tried to use Satimage 3.7.0 (build 411) under 10.12.2 with :

navchoose object with prompt "choose file(s) or folder(s)" with multiple files

and got :
error “Not impleted in 64bit mode.” number -1708 from «script»

Yvan KOENIG running Sierra 10.12.2 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 11 janvier 2017 11:22:23

You can do it with my Myriad Tables Lib, available here:

www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/Script_Libs.html

Here’s an example:

use AppleScript version "2.4"
use scripting additions
use script "Myriad Tables Lib" version "1.0.6"

set theNames to list folder (path to desktop)
set newList to {}
repeat with aName in theNames
	set end of newList to {false, aName}
end repeat
set theResult to (display table with data newList editable columns {1} with prompt "Click to select the files" with empty selection allowed)
set chosenFiles to {}
repeat with aValue in values returned of theResult
	if item 1 of aValue is true then set end of chosenFiles to item 2 of aValue
end repeat
return chosenFiles

Awesome!! thank you…

Shane,

Can we also list the subfolders… along with the checkbox to select them?

You can list what you like – it’s up to you to provide the list. But if you mean in a hierarchy, like a normal choose file dialog, then no.

Really, the correct way to choose files or folders is with a choose file or choose folder dialog, and not with checkboxes.