Set bounds of Finder window before opening?

I have a script that opens the Documents folder and performs a search (I usually run it from LaunchBar), but when it opens the window it opens at a smaller size and different position than I want (presumably the size and position of the last Finder window I opened), then ‘jumps’ to the size and position I’ve set.

set theSearch to "some text"

tell application "Finder"
	set newWindow to make new Finder window
	set target of newWindow to (path to documents folder as text)

tell Finder window 1
		set the bounds to {588, 179, 1971, 1177}
		set its toolbar visible to true
		set its sidebar width to 190
		set current view to list view
	end tell

tell list view options of Finder window 1
		set the sort column to name column
		set sort direction of column id name column to normal
	end tell
	activate
end tell

tell application "System Events"
	keystroke "f" using {command down, option down}
	delay 0.3
	keystroke theSearch
end tell

Is there a way to set the bounds of the Finder window before opening it, so that it doesn’t open the finder window and then jump to the size and position that I want it, it just opens at the bounds I’ve set?

I don’t think it is possible. The Finder window class doesn’t have bounds, its superclass does. When creating a Finder window, the properties of its superclass can’t be used at ‘make’ so you have to access it later using inheritance.

But it’s not always the case, this is default behavior. The underlying AE protocol is RPC-like and not object oriented. It always mimic OOP features to make it feel object oriented but it is flawed. The question is, how far does the application developer wants to go. When looking at the Finder in general, Apple made it scriptable with minor effort.

Ah, right. Thanks for letting me know anyway.