After renaming project errors: action is not defined in AppDelegate

Dear all,
I had to rename my XCode ASOC project before I got it approved by Apple Review as my iTunesConnect name was too different from the project name. Bundle identifier had to stay the same.
All was good until I wanted to update the project by adding a new method in AppDelegate and linking in storyboard a newly created button to it.
While I still could [ctrl drag] FROM the delegate object in storyboard to the button to define an outlet, I could not do the reverse, i.e. dragging from the button to the delegate object. Delegate would not highlight and I could not link the action.
I also realise now that there are yellow triangle flags against my previously (but still working) actions.

The class shows AppDelegate if I select the delegate object, so that seems ok?

Help would be much appreciated.

Uwe

It must match the name of your AppDelegate class.

The name sounds fine. I’ve never made an ASObjC project with a storyboard, but I was under the impression that when you use storyboards, controls need to target their superview’s view controller. If that’s the case, you may need to connect to the scene’s First Responder. But I’m just guessing.

Thanks again Shane,

I actually managed to solve it and I think it is via a hint you gave years ago to someone else. But I am not sure now as I saw that yesterday but tried different approaches first (…myriads of them actually).

Anyway, this is what I did. As name etc seemed to be right and I got these triangles against handler methods but not against outlet in delegate, I finally thought it is not my fault but somehow a fault through XCode.

So I copied all the content of my AppDelegate class into a new file in ScriptEditor and then back again.

All warning triangles gone and new connection possible to be build. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your time and help!

Best,
Uwe