Combine Multiple PDFs from Services Menu?

I have attempted to create a ‘service’ on the Mac that is able to combine multiple PDFs into one PDF document.

There is the “Combine PDF Pages” option within Automator when creating a Workflow but when I run this the trim, crop and bleed boxes within a PDF are not retained.

Is there a script or service that I can run that will retain this information within the PDF and combine all pages?

Model: Mac Pro
AppleScript: 2.3
Browser: Google Chrome
Operating System: macOS 10.14

1. Open the Automator.
  2. Choose create Quick Action
  3. In actions’s Library section choose PDFs. Opens list of available actions (on right side)
  4. Drag the action Combine PDF pages to the window were is written this: Drag actions or files here…
  5. Set options as you want: to Appending Pages or to Shuffling Pages.
  6. In the textfield in (you find it on the right top corner) replace any application with Finder.
  7. In the Automator menu choose File menu item, then Save…, give name to your new action (service), then save it.

So, the service will be created. How to use:

Select in Finder multiple PDFs, right-click, go to Services, click your new service, which you was created. The combined PDF will be written in the 1st chosen PDF.

Hi KniazidisR.

It looks as if sticks1977 already knew that, but that “the trim, crop and bleed boxes within a PDF are not retained.”

Oh, my English…

HERE someone can found the best script for combining the PDFs. The name of the script is “Finderで選択中のPDFを古い順に連結する v2”. In English, is “Concatenate PDFs selected in Finder in chronological order version 2”. The thanks not to me, but to Takaaki Naganoya (MacScripter’s user maro).