Issue: Transition from Applescript Xcode10 (HS) Proj to Xcode 11 (Cat

Hello,
I wonder, whether anyone can help me with this:
I created and used an applescript Project in Xcode 10.1 and with HighSierra MacOS.
Then I got myself a new iMac, installed Xcode 11.1 and transferred all my project folders to the new computer.
When I open my iOS programmes, all looks ok at the moment, including the right Fonts&Colours in the Source Editor.
With my Applescript project I have 3 issues:

a) Almost everything looks in the Source Editor as Plain Text
b) CMD + / does not any longer comment out code lines
c) I have no longer a button to switch on and off the Sandbox for testing. Just an x in the upper right corner, most likely allowing me to delete it (understand that one now - sort of. see update below)

If I open a new Applescript project in Xcode 11.1, then there is no Sandbox item under Signing & Capability any longer, only hardened runtime. And that section, for example, does not seem to give options for File access (with or without entitlement).

And - even this brand-new project does not show the right Source Editor colours.

Have I missed something?

I hope that I am not alone with this issue and someone has found a solution already?

Model: iMac
Browser: Safari 605.1.15
Operating System: macOS 10.15

Update:

So, now I realise after a bit of research (https://lapcatsoftware.com/articles/hardened-runtime-sandboxing.html) that hardened runtime and sandbox are complimentary and I can add or remove them through the capabilities + and x signs. But the on/off switch for sandbox has disappeared.

Still, my fonts and colour problem in Source editor remains, as well as the commenting out shortcut issue

Edit your scripts in an external editor. Control-click on a script in the Navigator and you will see the Open in External Editor command, and you can assign it a shortcut. When you change your script in your script editor and save, Xcode will update when you switch back to it. This has the bonus of giving you a compile command, as well as alerting you to all sorts of potential problems Xcode won’t.

Thank you Shane, sounds like an idea. Can you recommend an external editor? I seem to remember that you developed once one, but then read something from you that some parts are not working any longer?

I also will file a bug report. This cannot be right.

Use whatever you normally edit in: preferably Script Debugger, but you can use Script Editor. The files will open in your default, the same as double-clicking. (I no longer sell my own editor; most of the useful ASObjC stuff from it is now available in Script Debugger.)

Thank you Shane, I will try that today.

So even with the latest Xcode updates, the code assistance for applescript projects is not there - I filed a feedback bug report.

Thanks Shane, using the Open in External Editor move lets me at least work in Script Editor. I somehow cannot find though the place, where I can define Script Debugger as the default editor.

Is that possible at all?

Or do I have to export files and then reopen them in Script Debugger and vice versa?

Thanks again!

In Script Debugger Preferences → General, click the checkbox Default editor for OSA scripts, applets and droplets.

Super, thank you so much Shane!

I had to tick it off and on - but then it worked beautifully.

Now I will play with it in the trial phase to see, whether it works for me.

Best wishes,
uwe

UPDATE:
This has now been sorted with Xcode Version 11.4.1 (11E503a) and Catalina update(s): macOS 10.15.4 (19E287).

Thank you to Shane and Script Debugger, that kept me going until now :)!