Import layers

Is it possible via Applescript to import specific layers from an Indesign into another? I don’t need to create the layers in InDesign. Basically, if the ID template contains 5 layers & I need only layers 3 & 4 to be imported into my document.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2017"
	tell document 1
		-- I'm not sure if can be done or not
	end tell
end tell

The other idea I have will be to hide the layers I don’t need from the template & leave the ones I need, select all & then copy into my document. Any thoughts?
I found a javascript in another site that kind does I what I need but I would like to use Applescript since I know a little bit about it
Thank you

AppleScript: 2.11 (203.1)
Browser: Safari 537.36
Operating System: macOS 10.14

Hi. You can’t import a layer—or any other page object. You could save multiple template copies and remove layers, or you could duplicate objects on layers across documents.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"	
	duplicate document 1's layer 3's page items to document 2's layer 3 --assumes open documents with at least 3 layers
end tell

As always thank you MarcAnthony for the clarification. Duplicate items are the way to go. I’m trying a different approach. So if I get the layers/items from the template & then, in this case, duplicate/copy the items into the master pages of the destination documents that way will be available in all the pages, will that be possible? The below works & it is putting everything on the first 2 pages of the document.

tell application id "com.adobe.indesign"
	set source1 to document 1 --  copy from 
	set destination2 to document 2 --  to copy to

set ALLItems to every page item of source1 whose name of item layer is "L2" -- layer name to copy from
	set THEpage to page 1 of destination2 -- page to copy to
	duplicate ALLItems to THEpage

set ALLItems to every page item of source1 whose name of item layer is "L3" -- the other layer name to copy from
end tell

So if I change it to do the same but in the master pages I get an error 1728

set source1 to document 1 --  copy from 
	set destination2 to document 2 --  to copy to

set ALLItems to every item of master page items of source1 whose name of item layer is "L2" -- layer name to copy from

set ALLItems to every item of master page items of  source1 whose name of item layer is "L3" -- the other layer name to copy from
end tell

Model: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Browser: Safari 537.36
Operating System: macOS 10.14

Master page items belong to specific pages. Master spreads are owned by the document. Should you have multiple page/spread targets, you’ll need to loop and adjust the target’s indexes.

duplicate (document 1's master spread 1's page items whose item layer's name is "L2") to document 2's master spread 1
	duplicate (document 1's master spread 1's page items whose item layer's name is "L3") to document 2's master spread 1
end tell

Beautiful! Thank you:)