Increment folder number if exists

You must explain better what you really want.
In what you posted, you started with a test upon the content of a variable : ProjectsFolder which was not defined.
What I posted assumed that there is code before defining this variable.

Below is a script which makes some assumptions to fill this gap.

-- three instructions required by the cleanTheText handler
use AppleScript version "2.5" -- macOS 10.11 or later only
use framework "Foundation"
use scripting additions

property forTests : true
-- if you set it to true, the script build random client names
-- if you set it to false, you are asked to enter client names

property originalOrder : true
-- if you set it to true, the names will resemble to "Capcom (CAPC02)"
-- if you set it to false the names will resemble to "(ORIO15) Orion Bubble Gums"

tell application "Finder"
	if exists Finder window 1 then
		set CurrentDir to target of Finder window 1 as string
	else
		set CurrentDir to (desktop as string) & "Projects:"
	end if
	set ProjectsFolder to name of folder CurrentDir
end tell -- no longer speak to Finder

if ProjectsFolder = "Projects" then
	if forTests then
		-- For tests, two instructions building random client names
		set someNames to {"Orion Building Suppliers", "Orion Painting Co", "Orion Bubble Gums", "Capcom", "Capcone"}
		set ClientName to some item of someNames --pick a random name
	else -- standard code
		-- Prompt to Choose a Client Name. Edited so that it will not create a folder if you press Cancel.
		set ClientName to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter your project's business name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Create"} default button "Create" cancel button "Cancel")
	end if --forTests 
	set BaseName to "(" & my cleanTheText(ClientName)

tell application "System Events"
		set maybe to name of every folder of folder CurrentDir whose name contains BaseName
		-- here we have (count maybe) folders whose name contains BaseName
		-- create a new one incrementing the embedded number
		if originalOrder then
			set fullName to ClientName & space & BaseName & text -2 thru -1 of ((101 + (count maybe)) as string) & ")"
		else
			set fullName to BaseName & text -2 thru -1 of ((101 + (count maybe)) as string) & ") " & ClientName
		end if -- originalOrder
		make new folder at end of folder CurrentDir with properties {name:fullName} --> folder "SSD 1000:Users:**********:Desktop:Projects:Capcom (CAPC02):"
	end tell -- "System Events"
else
	display dialog "Open your Clients 'Projects' folder first" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK" with icon stop --or use icon caution
end if

on cleanTheText(theText)
	-- handler designed by Shane Stanley
	set aString to current application's NSString's stringWithString:theText
	if aString's hasPrefix:"The " then set aString to aString's substringFromIndex:4
	set aString to aString's stringByApplyingTransform:"Any-Latin; ASCII; Upper; [^A-Z0-9] Remove" |reverse|:false
	try -- errors if string too short
		return text 1 thru 4 of (aString as text)
	end try
end cleanTheText

After running it 8 times, the folder sorted by name contain:
Capcom (CAPC02)
Capcom (CAPC05)
Capcone (CAPC01)
Capcone (CAPC03)
Capcone (CAPC04)
Orion Building Suppliers (ORIO01)
Orion Building Suppliers (ORIO02)
Orion Painting Co (ORIO03)

From my point of view it would be better to reverse the order of components in the name.
After running it 22 times the folder contain:
(CAPC01) Capcom
(CAPC02) Capcom
(CAPC03) Capcom
(CAPC04) Capcom
(CAPC05) Capcom
(CAPC06) Capcom
(CAPC07) Capcone
(ORIO01) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO02) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO03) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO04) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO05) Orion Bubble Gums
(ORIO06) Orion Building Suppliers
(ORIO07) Orion Bubble Gums
(ORIO08) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO09) Orion Building Suppliers
(ORIO10) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO11) Orion Bubble Gums
(ORIO12) Orion Painting Co
(ORIO13) Orion Bubble Gums
(ORIO14) Orion Building Suppliers
(ORIO15) Orion Bubble Gums

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 22 juin 2020 15:01:40

Thank you so much.

That has got me where I need to be or on the right track to finish my project.

I am trying to streamline my process in dealing with my clients. Rather than manually creating a folder each time, I want to be able to press a button in the Finder Toolbar which creates the folder for me. When doing this it will also duplicate the contents of a template folder so every clients folder will be formatted the exact same way with all the same folders.

As well as doing that, I want to format the text in a certain way so the names all appear the same, each client will then be associated a code so it’s easy to search. That code will be then used in the projects folder to keep track of versions i.e. ORIO01-0001, ORIO01-0002 etc.

I agree that the code should go at the start to be more pleasing to the eye so I will decide soon whether to go with that instead.

The reason why details were left out was because I started out trying to do my projects folder but when doing so, soon realised that I was missing features in my clients folders which i need to populate my projects folders.

I now believe I can get both scripts working exactly how I wanted thank to everyones help.

The next phase will be…

Can I create folder remotely from a website or mainly from online software called Airtable.com or Coda.io. Both have API’s and I would like to sync folders to that data. I’m more inclined to go with Coda.io because of it’s features.

Basically I would like to go on my phone, login to my site or the app, input my clients details and all the folders will be installed on my mac

I never used networks and refuse to own a smartphone so I guess that what you ask is outside my area of expertise.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 22 juin 2020 18:53:09

Sorry one last thing.

If for instance I had a client called: ‘The Bluechip company’

At the moment the folder will be created as ‘(BLUE01) The Bluechip Company’.

Is it possible that IF the name contains ‘The’ move it to the back i.e. ‘(BLUE01) Bluechip Company, The’.

Other than that, your script is perfect.

I realise Shane’s intention was simply to illustrate the transform, but this version of the handler’s possibly a bit more robust in practice:

use AppleScript version "2.5" -- macOS 10.11 or later only
use scripting additions

cleanTheText("The Éclairs R Us")
on cleanTheText(theText)
	if ((theText begins with "The ") and ((count theText) > 4)) then set theText to text 5 thru -1 of theText
	set theText to (aString's stringByApplyingTransform:"Any-Latin; ASCII; Upper; [^A-Z0-9] Remove" |reverse|:false) as text
	if ((count theText) < 4) then return false -- Or some other error token.
	return text 1 thru 4 of theText
end cleanTheText

Thank you

I’ll give that a go.

In the meantime, due to the change in code part of my old code that worked no longer fits.

I am trying to check whether the customer exists and display an error if it does. Then copy a folder from a template location and rename it, here’s my the code:

if exists folder ClientDestinationFolderString then
		display dialog "That client already exists!"
	else
		do shell script "cp -R " & ClientTemplatepath & space & ClientDestinationFolder -- EDITED
	end if
end tell

Here’s the new code

set maybe to name of every folder of folder CurrentDir whose name contains BaseName
	set fullName to combined & space & BaseName & text -2 thru -1 of ((101 + (count maybe)) as string) & ")"
	make new folder at end of folder CurrentDir with properties {name:fullName}
	move ClientTemplatePath to ClientsDestinationPath

end tell

would be better to code:

tell me to do shell script "cp -R " & ClientTemplatepath & space & ClientDestinationFolder -- EDITED

because you are triggering a function belonging to a scripting addition in a tell application block.

As I am not a sooth sayer, I can’t guess what are the variables
combined
CurrentDir
ClientTemplatePath
ClientsDestinationPath
supposed to contain.
I just have a vague idea about CurrentDir.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 23 juin 2020 16:39:32

Apologies, I didn’t think.

Here is the full (WORKING) script.

Issues I have found are:

• I don’t want two companies of the same name
Currently if you add a company and add the company again, it will simply increase the number of the code. I need this to check for the business name exists first. This need to be checked against two locations which are: ClientsArchivePath & ClientsDestinationPath

• I need to copy a the contents of a template folder
When the client folder is created, I need to copy the contents over from: ClientTemplatePath
Or simply copy the folder to the new location and then rename it.

I was doing this using the following code:

The old code I used to determine if a folder existed and copy the template folder

if exists folder ClientDestinationFolderString then
	else
		do shell script "cp -R " & ClientTemplatepath & space & ClientDestinationFolder -- EDITED
	end if
end tell

But I would like to do it without using Finder if possible as mentioned on here due to the speed.

Here is the full code

use AppleScript version "2.4"
use scripting additions

--> Needed for Git
set UserEmail to quoted form of "name@email.com"
set UserName to quoted form of "Full Name"

--> Physical URL Path of the Client Template Folder
set ClientTemplatePath to "Volumes:GoogleDrive:My Drive:Work:Resources:Templates:OS Folders:Client Template:"

--> Physical URL Path of the Project Template Folder
set ProjectTemplatePath to "Volumes:GoogleDrive:My Drive:Work:Resources:Templates:OS Folders:Project Template:"

--> Physical URL Path of the Client Archived Folder
set ClientsArchivePath to "Google Drive:My Drive:Work:Clients (Archived):"

--> Physical URL Path of the Local Client Folder
set ClientsDestinationPath to "Macintosh HD:Users:daniel:Documents:Clients:"

--> Get Current Folder Path (CurrentPath) and Name (ClientsFolder)
	else
		set CurrentDir to (desktop as string)
	end if
	--> Get Current Folder Name
	set ClientsFolder to name of folder CurrentDir
	--> Get Current Folder path
	set CurrentPath to CurrentDir
end tell

--> Prompt to Choose a Client Name.
set ClientNamePrompt to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter your Clients Business Name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Create"} default button "Create" cancel button "Cancel")

set CapitalizedText to ((current application's NSString's stringWithString:ClientNamePrompt)'s capitalizedString()) as string

--> Word Exraction
set allWords to words of CapitalizedText
set someWords to {}
set otherWords to {}
repeat with aWord in allWords
	set aWord to aWord as string
	if not aWord is "The" then set end of someWords to aWord
	if aWord is "The" then set end of otherWords to aWord
end repeat
someWords --> {"theorem", "of", "ƒPythagoras", "€"}
set someText to my recolle(someWords, space)
set otherText to my recolle(otherWords, space)
set other to someText
set thetext to otherText
set combined to other & ", " & thetext

--> Start of the cleaning process and creation of the client folder
set BaseName to "(" & my cleanTheText(combined)
	set fullName to combined & space & BaseName & text -2 thru -1 of ((101 + (count maybe)) as string) & ")"
	if CurrentDir contains combined then
	else
		display dialog "That client dpoes not exists!"
	end if
end tell

on recolle(l, d)
	local oTIDs, t
	set {oTIDs, AppleScript's text item delimiters} to {AppleScript's text item delimiters, d}
	set t to l as text
	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to oTIDs
	return t
end recolle

--> Removes the special characters from ClientNamePrompt
on cleanTheText(thetext)
	set aString to current application's NSString's stringWithString:thetext
	if aString's hasPrefix:"The " then set aString to aString's substringFromIndex:4
	set aString to aString's stringByApplyingTransform:"Any-Latin; ASCII; Upper; [^A-Z0-9] Remove" |reverse|:false
	end try
end cleanTheText

I apologizes but I didn’t became a sooth sayer since my late message.

What is the variable ClientDestinationFolderString supposed to contain ?
Is it the path to the folder created by the instruction:

I wish to add some comments about the block of instructions:

set ClientNamePrompt to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter your Clients Business Name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Create"} default button "Create" cancel button "Cancel") --> "the theorem of : ƒPythagoras # / the €"

set CapitalizedText to ((current application's NSString's stringWithString:ClientNamePrompt)'s capitalizedString()) as string--> "THE THEOREM OF : ƒPYTHAGORAS # / THE €"

--> Word Exraction
set allWords to words of CapitalizedText --> {"THE", "THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "THE", "€"}
set someWords to {}
set otherWords to {}
	if not aWord is "The" then set end of someWords to aWord
	if aWord is "The" then set end of otherWords to aWord
end repeat
someWords --> {"THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "€"}
otherWords --> {"THE", "THE"}
set someText to my recolle(someWords, space) --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €"
set otherText to my recolle(otherWords, space) --> "THE THE"
set other to someText --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €"
set theText to otherText --> "THE THE"
set combined to other & ", " & thetext --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €, THE THE"

At this time, if ClientNamePrompt contain several times the word “The”,
combined will contain several times the word “THE”.
Is it really useful ?
If it’s not the block may be replaced by:

set ClientNamePrompt to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter your Clients Business Name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Create"} default button "Create" cancel button "Cancel") --> "the theorem of : ƒPythagoras # / the €"

set CapitalizedText to ((current application's NSString's stringWithString:ClientNamePrompt)'s capitalizedString()) as string --> "THE THEOREM OF : ƒPYTHAGORAS # / THE €"

--> Word Exraction
set allWords to words of CapitalizedText --> {"THE", "THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "THE", "€"}
set someWords to {}
set theText to ""
	if aWord is "THE" then
		set theText to aWord
	else
		set end of someWords to aWord
	end if
end repeat
set combined to my recolle(someWords, space) --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €"
if theText ≠ "" then set combined to combined & ", " & theText --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €, THE" 

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 23 juin 2020 19:33:33

Thank you.

I’m almost ready to post the full code but I need to add another folder location to the following line so it checks two folders.

set maybe to name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath whose name contains BaseName

The following code works:

set maybe to name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath whose name contains BaseName
end tell

And so does this:

set maybe to name of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName
end tell

I have tried the following but it won’t work

set maybe to name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath & ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName
end tell

I have also tried:

set maybe to name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath & name of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName
end tell

We aren’t allowed to grab some content of two folders as you tried to do.
A correct syntax would be:

set p2d to path to desktop as string
set ClientsDestinationPath to p2d & "ClientsDestinationPath"
set ClientsArchivedPath to p2d & "ClientsArchivedPath"
set BaseName to "Tagada"
	set maybe to maybe & (name of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName)
end tell
log maybe (*third column Tagada, fourth column Tagada, third column Tagada, fourth kolumn Tagada*)

-- or the shorter code which will do the same actions at execution time.
	set maybe to (name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath whose name contains BaseName) & (name of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName)
end tell
log maybe (*third column Tagada, fourth column Tagada, third column Tagada, fourth kolumn Tagada*)

-- as you see, you can't make the difference with names belonging to each folder.
-- I don't know what is your real goal. It may be better to use:
	set maybe to (path of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath whose name contains BaseName) & (path of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName)
end tell
maybe --> {"SSD 1000:Users:**********:Desktop:ClientsDestinationPath:third column Tagada:", "SSD 1000:Users:**********:Desktop:ClientsDestinationPath:fourth column Tagada:", "SSD 1000:Users:**********:Desktop:ClientsArchivedPath:third column Tagada:", "SSD 1000:Users:**********:Desktop:ClientsArchivedPath:fourth kolumn Tagada:"}

You didn’t answered the question:
What is the variable ClientDestinationFolderString supposed to contain ?

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 24 juin 2020 15:06:27

ClientDestinationFolderString was an old variable which I forgot to take out.

Is was originally the url path for the client destination folder.

The script now works perfect thank you so much for your help. I’m just testing it a little now to make sure it does everything I need and I’ll post it up shortly.

I’m now working on a script for a child folder and I would like to name that folder using the 4digit code and number that was created in the previous script.

Basically the url is: Clients/CLIENT-NAME/Projects/PROJECT-NAME

I have managed to get the name from the parent container using the following code:

set ParentPathName to my ParentPathExtraction(CurrentPath)

on ParentPathExtraction(ParentObject)
		return name of container of disk item (path of disk item (ParentObject as text))
	end tell
end ParentPathExtraction

Which gives me the parents filename which in this case is: New Wave (NEWW01)

I want to take (NEWW01) and name my project folder with it.

Looking at the code you’re helped me with, I know how to extract certain text I know i.e. “The” but I can’t work out how to extract text that I don’t. The only thing I do know is that I want everything between ( and )

-- version 1
set fileName to "New Wave (NEWW01)"
set baseName to item 2 of my decoupe(fileName, {"(", ")"}) --> "NEWW01"
-- but it may return a wrong result
set fileName to "New (blahblah) Wave (NEWW01)"
set baseName to item 2 of my decoupe(fileName, {"(", ")"}) --> "blahblah"
-- so need more steps
set splitted to my decoupe(fileName, {"(", ")"}) --> {"New ", "blahblah", " Wave ", "NEWW01", ""}
set baseName to item (((count splitted) div 2) * 2) of splitted
-- and it's not perfect
set fileName to "New (z(blahblah) Wave (NEWW01)"
set splitted to my decoupe(fileName, {"(", ")"}) --> {"New ", "blahblah", " Wave ", "NEWW01", ""}
set baseName to item (((count splitted) div 2) * 2) of splitted --> ""

-- version 2
set backwards to reverse of text items of fileName --> {")", "1", "0", "W", "W", "E", "N", "(", " ", "e", "v", "a", "W", " ", ")", "h", "a", "l", "b", "h", "a", "l", "b", "(", "z", "(", " ", "w", "e", "N"}
set myChars to {}
repeat with i from 2 to count backwards
	set aChar to item i of backwards as string
	if aChar is "(" then
		exit repeat
	else
		set end of myChars to aChar
	end if
end repeat
myChars --> {"1", "0", "W", "W", "E", "N"}
-- you wrote : I want everything between ( and )
set baseName to my recolle(reverse of myChars, {""}) -->"NEWW01"
-- if you want to get the paretheses, add one instruction
set baseName to "(" & baseName & ")" -- ADDED

#=====

on recolle(l, d)
	local oTIDs, t
	set {oTIDs, AppleScript's text item delimiters} to {AppleScript's text item delimiters, d}
	set t to l as text
	return t
end recolle

#=====

on decoupe(t, d)
	local oTIDs, l
	set l to text items of t
	return l
end decoupe

#=====

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 24 juin 2020 21:29:57

@Yvan

Thank you.

Version 1 looks so much cleaner but I understand why I should use version 2.

What does the following mean just so I understand the code?

set backwards to reverse of text items of fileName --> {")", "1", "0", "W", "W", "E", "N", "(", " ", "e", "v", "a", "W", " ", ")", "h", "a", "l", "b", "h", "a", "l", "b", "(", " ", "w", "e", "N"}

and

myChars --> {"1", "0", "W", "W", "E", "N"}

Also, I would like to keep the () if that is possible?

The updated version 1 feels like the best way to go for me at least.

From my point of view, the version 2 is the better because it can’t return a wrong value.

I edited my script so that it offers the way to return the parentheses, which is not what you asked for.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 24 juin 2020 22:31:02

Even better code:

use scripting additions

set theString to "blah( az (AZER01) tagada (QWER01) (truc)"

set pattern to "\\(([A-Z]{4}[0-9]{2})\\)" -- was "\\(([^(]{6})\\)"
set regex to (current application's NSRegularExpression's regularExpressionWithPattern:pattern options:0 |error|:(missing value))
set cocoaString to (current application's NSString's stringWithString:theString)
set matches to (regex's matchesInString:theString options:0 range:{location:0, |length|:(count theString)})

-- version 3
set partialResults to {}
set fullResults to {}
repeat with aMatch in matches
	set end of partialResults to (cocoaString's substringWithRange:(aMatch's range())) as string
end repeat
set baseName to item -1 of partialResults --> "(QWER01)"

--version 4
	set baseName to (cocoaString's substringWithRange:(aMatch's range())) as string
end repeat
baseName --> "(QWER01)"

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 25 juin 2020 02:07:40

I love it and works perfect.

I’ve tried adding it to my code and it breaks. I believe it’s down to the following line of code:

set matches to (regex's matchesInString:theString options:0 range:{location:0, |length|:(count theString)})

It won’t work within system events i.e. (I’ve taken out the rest of the code to make it easier to see what I mean)

if CurrentPathName = "Projects" then
else
display dialog "Open your Clients 'Projects' folder first" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK" with icon caution --or use icon stop
end if
end tell

When I post a script, every instruction is useful but you removed most of them and you added useless others.
Don’t be surprised by error messages.
Below is a correct code:

use AppleScript version "2.4" -- required
use framework "Foundation" -- to use
use scripting additions -- ASObjc

set theString to "blah( az (AZER01) tagada (QWER01) (truc)"

set CurrentPathName to "Projects"
--tell application "System Events" -- USELESS
	-- define the pattern used by the regular expression
	-- build the regular expression
	set regex to (current application's NSRegularExpression's regularExpressionWithPattern:pattern options:0 |error|:(missing value))
	-- call the regex to search the substring mathching the given pattern
	-- matches is an object which can't be used directly by AppleScript
	-- convert the AppleScript string object into an NSString which is the official class used by ASObjC
	set cocoaString to (current application's NSString's stringWithString:theString)
		-- extract the Applescript's substrings
		log baseName
		(*(AZER01)*)
		(*(QWER01)*)
	end repeat
	baseName --> "(QWER01)"
else
	display dialog "Open your Clients 'Projects' folder first" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK" with icon caution --or use icon stop
end if
--end tell -- USELESS

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 25 juin 2020 18:32:43

Fair enough. I removed the notes to make it less compact so I could read it easier, I didn’t realise they were there to help.

I’m still learning the code so I am constantly breaking down the code and trying to build it back up again so I understand it.

All in all, thank you for your help. The scripts work perfect and they allow me to create client folders with ease so they all look and feel the same as each other. The second script then does the same for my projects folders.

It might be overkill but I like everything looking the same and if I can create folders with a single touch then it’s a step in the right direction.

Here are the full working scripts

Both these scripts are added to my toolbar in Finder.
Script 1: This creates a new client folder in: Users/User/Documents/Clients and add the 6 digit code.
Script 2: This creates a new project but you must be in the project file for it to work

--> New Client
--> VERSION 3

use scripting additions

--> Needed for Git
set UserEmail to quoted form of "name@email.co.uk"

set ClientTemplatePath to quoted form of POSIX path of "Volumes:GoogleDrive:My Drive:Work:Resources:Templates:OS Folders:Client Template:"

set ProjectTemplatePath to quoted form of POSIX path of "Volumes:GoogleDrive:My Drive:Work:Resources:Templates:OS Folders:Project Template:"

set ClientsArchivedPath to "Google Drive:My Drive:Work:Clients (Archived):"

set ClientsDestinationPath to "Macintosh HD:Users:user:Documents:Clients:"

--> Get Current Folder Path (CurrentPath) and Name (CurrentFolder)
	else
	end if
	set CurrentPath to POSIX path of (CurrentDir)
end tell

set CapitalizedText to ((current application's NSString's stringWithString:ClientNamePrompt)'s capitalizedString()) as string --> "THE THEOREM OF : ƒPYTHAGORAS # / THE €"

--> Word Exraction
set someWords to {}
set theText to ""
	if aWord is "THE" then
		set theText to aWord
	else
		set end of someWords to aWord
	end if
end repeat
set CompiledName to my recolle(someWords, space) --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €"
if theText ≠ "" then set CompiledName to CompiledName & ", " & theText --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €, THE"

--> Start of the cleaning process and creation of the client folder
set BaseName to "(" & my cleanTheText(CompiledName)
	set maybe to (name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath whose name contains BaseName) & (name of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains BaseName)

set fullNameIncCode to CompiledName & space & BaseName & text -2 thru -1 of ((101 + (count maybe)) as string) & ")"
		set dnnn to quoted form of POSIX path of (ClientsDestinationPath & fullNameIncCode)
	end tell

if exists (name of every folder of folder ClientsDestinationPath whose name contains CompiledName) then
		display dialog "That client already exists in Clients (Local)" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK" with icon caution --or use icon stop
	else if exists (name of every folder of folder ClientsArchivedPath whose name contains CompiledName) then
		display dialog "That client already exists in Clients (Archived)" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK" with icon caution --or use icon stop
	else
		tell me to do shell script "cp -R " & ClientTemplatePath & space & dnnn
		display notification "Client created in Clients (Local)"
	end if
end tell

on recolle(l, d)
	local oTIDs, t
	set t to l as text
	return t
end recolle

on cleanTheText(theText)
	on error
		display dialog "The Client Name does not contain four characters." buttons {"OK"} cancel button 1 default button 1 with icon stop
	end try
end cleanTheText

--> New Project
--> VERSION 5

use scripting additions

--> Needed for Git
set UserEmail to quoted form of "name@email.co.uk"

set ClientTemplatePath to quoted form of POSIX path of "Volumes:GoogleDrive:My Drive:Work:Resources:Templates:OS Folders:Client Template:"

set ProjectTemplatePath to quoted form of POSIX path of "Volumes:GoogleDrive:My Drive:Work:Resources:Templates:OS Folders:Project Template:"

set ClientsArchivedPath to "Google Drive:My Drive:Work:Clients (Archived):"

set ClientsDestinationPath to "Macintosh HD:Users:user:Documents:Clients:"

--The name of the folder where you're keeping your projects
set ProjectsFolderName to "Projects"

--The name of the folder where you're keeping your Website Code
set CodeFolderName to "Code"

--> Get Current Folder Path (CurrentPath) and Name (CurrentFolder)
	else
	end if
	set CurrentPath to POSIX path of (CurrentDir)
end tell

--> Get Current Paths folder name
set CurrentPathName to my CurrentPathExtraction(CurrentPath)

on CurrentPathExtraction(CurrentObject)
		return name of disk item (path of disk item (CurrentObject as text))
	end tell
end CurrentPathExtraction

set ProjectNamePrompt to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter your Project Name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Create"} default button "Create" cancel button "Cancel") --> "Project name"

set CapitalizedText to ((current application's NSString's stringWithString:ProjectNamePrompt)'s uppercaseString()) as string --> "THE THEOREM OF : ƒPYTHAGORAS # / THE €"

--> Word Exraction
	set ProjectallWords to words of CapitalizedText --> {"THE", "THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "THE", "€"}
	set ProjectsomeWords to {}
	set ProjecttheText to ""
	repeat with ProjectaWord in ProjectallWords
		set ProjectaWord to ProjectaWord as string
		if ProjectaWord is "THE" then
			set ProjecttheText to ProjectaWord
		else
			set end of ProjectsomeWords to ProjectaWord
		end if
	end repeat
	ProjectsomeWords --> {"THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "€"}
	set ProjectCompiledName to my recolle(ProjectsomeWords, space) --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €"
	if ProjecttheText ≠ "" then set ProjectCompiledName to ProjectCompiledName & ", " & ProjecttheText --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €, THE"

--> Get 4 digit code from parent folder
	set ParentPathName to my ParentPathExtraction(CurrentPath)

--> Word Exraction
	set ParentallWords to words of ParentPathName --> {"THE", "THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "THE", "€"}
	set ParentsomeWords to {}
	set ParenttheText to ""
	repeat with ParentaWord in ParentallWords
		set ParentaWord to ParentaWord as string
		if ParentaWord is "THE" then
			set ParenttheText to ParentaWord
		else
			set end of ParentsomeWords to ParentaWord
		end if
	end repeat
	ParentsomeWords --> {"THEOREM", "OF", "ƒPYTHAGORAS", "€"}
	set ParentCompiledName to my recolle(ParentsomeWords, space) --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €"
	if ParenttheText ≠ "" then set ParentCompiledName to ParentCompiledName & ", " & ParenttheText --> "THEOREM OF ƒPYTHAGORAS €, THE"

set ParentPathName to "blah( az (AZER01) tagada (QWER01) (truc)"

-- define the pattern used by the regular expression
	-- build the regular expression
	-- call the regex to search the substring mathching the given pattern
	set matches to (regex's matchesInString:ParentPathName options:0 range:{location:0, |length|:(count ParentPathName)})
	-- matches is an object which can't be used directly by AppleScript
	-- convert the AppleScript string object into an NSString which is the official class used by ASObjC
	set cocoaString to (current application's NSString's stringWithString:ParentPathName)
		-- extract the Applescript's substrings
		log baseName
		(*(AZER01)*)
		(*(QWER01)*)
	end repeat
	baseName --> "(QWER01)"

set maybe to name of every folder of folder CurrentPath

set FolderCount to text -4 thru -1 of ((10001 + (count maybe)) as string)

set ProjectFolderPath to quoted form of POSIX path of (CurrentPath & baseName & "-" & FolderCount & ", " & ProjectCompiledName)
			set ProjectFolderName to quoted form of (baseName & "-" & FolderCount & ", " & ProjectCompiledName)

end tell
		tell me to do shell script "cp -R " & ProjectTemplatePath & space & ProjectFolderPath
		display notification "Project Created in " & ParentPathName

end tell
	-- GET CODE FOLDER PATH
	set CodeDestinationPath to quoted form of (CurrentPath & baseName & "-" & FolderCount & ", " & ProjectCompiledName & "/" & CodeFolderName)

--display dialog CodeDestinationPath
	ProjectCompiledName
	-- INITIALISE GIT
	do shell script "cd " & ¬
		CodeDestinationPath & ¬
		space & ¬
		"&& git init" & ¬
		space & ¬
		"&& git config --global user.email " & ¬
		UserEmail & ¬
		space & ¬
		"&& git config --global user.name " & ¬
		UserName & ¬
		space & ¬
		"&& git add ." & ¬
		space & ¬
		"&& git commit -m 'Initial commit. Added the code file for" & " " & ¬
		ParentPathName & " and the " & ¬
		ProjectCompiledName & "project." & "'"

else
end if

on ParentPathExtraction(ParentObject)
		return name of container of disk item (path of disk item (ParentObject as text))
	end tell
end ParentPathExtraction

on recolle(l, d)
	local oTIDs, t
	set t to l as text
	return t
end recolle

on decoupe(t, d)
	local oTIDs, l
	set l to text items of t
	return l
end decoupe

on cleanTheText(ProjecttheText)
	set aString to current application's NSString's stringWithString:ProjecttheText
	on error
		display dialog "The Client Name does not contain four characters." buttons {"OK"} cancel button 1 default button 1 with icon stop
	end try
end cleanTheText