Homebrew - Installed formulas Cataloger

In Terminal.app, instead of having to run the command…
[format]brew list[/format]
Then finding the formula and then running the command…
[format]brew info some_formula[/format]
Just to get a brief description of the installed formula and it’s website…

This following AppleScript code will alphabetically write to a text file, all of your installed Homebrew Formulas, It’s brief 1 line description, and it’s URL.

I find this much more convenient because I can just shoot over to Finder, select the “Installed_Brew_Formulas_Info.txt” that the AppleScript code created, and tap the space bar on my keyboard and scroll through the Quicklook preview.

property brewInstalledFormulas : POSIX path of (path to desktop) & "Installed_Brew_Formulas.txt"
property brewInstalledFormulasInfo : POSIX path of (path to desktop) & "Installed_Brew_Formulas_Info.txt"

do shell script "/usr/local/bin/brew list --formula > " & quoted form of brewInstalledFormulas

try
	do shell script "rm -f " & quoted form of brewInstalledFormulasInfo
end try

set brewItemInfo to reverse of rest of reverse of paragraphs of (read brewInstalledFormulas)

repeat with i in brewItemInfo
	try
		do shell script "/usr/local/bin/brew info " & quoted form of i & " |sed '1,3!d' >> " & quoted form of brewInstalledFormulasInfo
		do shell script "echo ' '" & " >> " & quoted form of brewInstalledFormulasInfo
	end try
end repeat

Model: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Browser: Google Chrome Version 98.0.4758.80 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Operating System: macOS 12