trigger AppleScript when audio input level increases

Hi all, this is definitely an od one, but can’t think of a better place to post it. Long story short, I’m trying to trigger the launch of an AppleScript/application when the Mac hears audio from a specific input source. The action doesn’t really matter, it’s figuring out how to monitor the input level of an audio source, and execute something when it changes (preferably above a certain DB level) that I’m struggling with. Almost like a voice/sound activated recording software, except I don’t want to record anything lol. I found a Mac app called “Microphone Volume Monitor” but it isn’t scriptable/doesn’t have a dictionary so I don’t think I can do anything with that. I also have keyboard maestro, but I can’t seem to trigger any actions based on audio input. I know the “Audacity” audio editor has sound-activated recording, so I know it’s possible, but I don’t really think that helps me either. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Basically some app where I can choose the input source, and say if input raises above X DB, then run script etc. Thanks so much