Table and drag`n drop and reorder?

Im having some problems with with a table. I have a table where you can dragn drop InDesignfiles. But I also whant to be able to reorder the files. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Hi creator,

I think you need to set the contents of the data cells of the rows. First, you would store the contents of the data cells of data row “a”. Then you would set the contents of data row “a” to the contents of data row “b”. Then set the contents of data cells of data row “b” to the stored contents of data cells of data row “a”. This would switch the data of data rows “a” and “b”.

gl,

Well I know that you can enable reorder in a table like this:
set allows reordering of table view “myTableview” of scroll view “myScrollview”

But this fails because I use "dragn drop". Im guessing it has something to do with the “tell myObject to register drag types{“file names”}”?

Hi,

I think the allows reordering pertains to columns.

When you drop “file names”, they are placed at the end of theDataSource. Then, to move them to a certain row you need to get the cell contents and switch.

This is the only way I found to do this.

gl,

I want a table like the one in the International pref pane, where you can set your preferred order of languages (by dragging).

Hello Trash Man,

Did you figure this out? I have a situation similar to yours where I drag a set of files onto a table and then need to reorder the files within the table. Kel mentioned storing the contents of the data cell - can you show the syntax for this?

thanks,
Marlon