PDF import to iPhoto workflow in Tiger does not work

From any browser if I try File → Print → PDF → Save PDF to iPhoto a workflow runs and seems ok in that it asks me to create an iPhoto directory or use an existing one.

The workflow then fails and my saved pdf of selected webpage is not imported into iPhoto.

All the other workflows in HD/Library/PDF Services work fine.

Using 10.4.3 and also have Adobe acrobat pofessional installed.

:o

Model: iMac G5
Browser: Firefox 1.0.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Eightace,

I have an untracable issue with Automator where Import to iPhoto does not work. No one can seem to figure out why, including AppleCare and the Genius bar. Though I’m G4 and you’re G5, I guess there’s a possibility that it’s the same issue.

Create a workflow and drag an image your your system into it. It will add the Get Specified Finder Items action. Add the Import to iPhoto action the the workflow. Now run it. If you’re not able to import, then it’s this same but. If you are able to import, we’ll we’ll try an figure it out.

Kevin

Does this help at all?

Convert iPhoto Item Object to Alias Object 1.0

I’m still running Panther, so I’m unable to verify this.

Still does not work for me.

I am able to import - it seems both actions work but the workflow will not!

:expressionless:

Model: iMac G5
Browser: Firefox 1.0.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Eightace,

Wish I had better news for you. I’ve been working hard to figure out why the Import to iPhoto action does not work for me. I did determine that my mac was calling up the wrong shell. That’s been fixed, but still no solution. I’ll also not that this is not a problems with my desktop, since it also doesn’t work when I install a new user on the computer.

I may try to find an PseudoAction (action faked in a Run AppleScript action) to import to iPhoto. If so, I’ll post it here. That might be the only fix for both of our probelms currently.

Kevin

Eightace,

Looks like we may be out of luck at this point. It appears to be an applescript bug.

http://homepage.mac.com/bwebster/iplm_applescript_bug.html

I did a complete reinstall and it didn’t help. I don’t think there’s a UI scripting option to call up import. And it’s our last home, man!!! Oh sorry. Did I get carried away?

The saga continues,

Kevin

More bad news. Looks like the keyboard shortcut for “Import” has been removed from iPhoto. This makes UI scripting a workaround difficult.

Kevin

I’m sorry this likely isn’t the news you will want to hear, but I’m currently running 10.4.1 on a PMac G5 2.3 DP (not dual core) and the workflow PDF to iPhoto (I have v5.0.2) works fine for me. I did have iPhoto open when I tried it. It had to generate a list of existing Albums and I chose one. Worked.

I did notice that v5 calls the Import command Add to Library but the verb is still import.