Newbie - Automatic Folders

Hi!

I’m a just arrived user to Mac and i’d like to be helped out with this little issue. I’d like to know how to use an action that creates a folder, with a previous name given to the workflow, but placed inside the folder from which the workflow is being executed.
I have many folders by example, Book1, Book2, Book 3… that contain pdfs, each of one with a workflow associated. The idea is to create inside those folders another one called “Miniatures” extracting the first page of each automatically inside, without asking me where to put the files.
I hope you can help me with the automatic folder creation!

Thanks a lot!

Hello cararllo
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this will make a new folder inside the currently selected folder
Action 1 → Get Selected Finder Items

Action 2 → Run AppleScript - place this script inside:

on run {input, parameters}

if ((count of input) > 0) and ((count of input) < 2) then
		tell application "Finder"
			if class of item 1 of input is folder then
				make new folder in (item 1 of input) with properties {name:"Miniatures"}
			end if
		end tell
	end if

return input
end run

If saved as a Finder plugin this will make a folder named “Miniatures” in the selected folder

It could be edited to accept the name of the new folder from the input if you are passing the name in from a previous Action. It could also be modified to pass the new folder out to the next Action if you need access to it later in the Workflow.

jON bEEBE