Naming a new mail with the attached file name

I’am trying to write an automator plugin for the finder wich take the current file, attach it to a new mail with fixed sender and receiver (all of this is easy), but with the filename as the subject of the mail.
Is there a way to do that with Automator ?
Thanks for your help ! :slight_smile:

If you can’t use this in making a plugin, it might be useful with the “Run Applescript” action. I didn’t have the time to get further than:

tell application "Finder"
	set theAttachment to (choose file)
	set attachmentName to name of theAttachment
end tell

tell application "Mail"
	activate
	set newMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:attachmentName}
	tell newMessage
		set visible to true
	end tell
end tell

I hope it helps. If not, at least it’s good practice for me.

j

I finished what I was trying to do. I work in small increments because I am a full time Dad.

set theAttachment to (choose file)
end tell

tell application "Mail"
	activate
	set newMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:attachmentName}
	tell newMessage
		set visible to true
		tell content
			make new attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at before first paragraph--because I wasn't adding text to the body
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

I think this is an improvement, thanks to what I learned here: http://bbs.applescript.net/viewtopic.php?pid=60045#p60045

set theAttachment to (get selection) as alias
end tell

tell application "Mail"
	activate
	tell newMessage
		set visible to true
		tell content
			make new attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at before first paragraph
		end tell
	end tell
end tell