Increase volume of audio file

I need an automator workflow that will increase the volume of several (over 100) audio tracks. I am new to macs and therefore to automator, but what I am trying is making an applescript in soundtrack pro, then using the applescript editor to copy and paste it into an automator script action, then follow it with another sountrack pro action, but it never gets past opening soundtrack pro… help please… here is the applescript I have pasted into automator:

property type_list : {“AIFC”, “AIFF”, “MPG3”, “MooV”, “NeXT”, “Sd2f”, “WAVE”}

property extension_list : {“aif”, “aiff”, “mp3”, “m4a”, “sdII”, “mov”, “au”, “wav”}

on run
try
set myFile to choose file with prompt “Please Pick a File” of type type_list default location (path to desktop) without invisibles and multiple selections allowed
processFile(myFile)
on error errText number errNum
if (errNum is equal to -128) then
end if
end try
end run

on loadFiles(this_file)
repeat with one_item in this_file
my processFile(one_item)
end repeat
end loadFiles

on open these_items
repeat with i from 1 to the count of these_items
set this_item to (item i of these_items)
set the item_info to info for this_item
if folder of the item_info is true then
process_folder(this_item)
else if (alias of the item_info is false and the file type of the item_info is in the type_list) or (the name extension of the item_info is in the extension_list) then
processFile(this_item)
end if
end repeat
end open

on processFile(this_file)
with timeout of 600 seconds
tell application “Soundtrack Pro”
activate
open this_file
end tell

process()
	try
		tell application "Soundtrack Pro"
			tell front audio file document
				save
				close saving no
			end tell
		end tell
	on error errMsg number errNum
		display dialog errMsg & "/" & errNum buttons {"OK"} default button 1
		return "error"
	end try
end timeout

end processFile

on process()
with timeout of 600 seconds
try
tell application “Soundtrack Pro”
activate

tell front audio file document
				set theEntireDuration to the duration
				make new adjust amplitude action at after last action with properties {position:0.0, duration:theEntireDuration, enabled:true, name:"AdjustAmplitudeOperation", preset state:"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC \"-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN\" \"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd\"><plist version=\"1.0\"><dict>	<key>data</key>	<data>	AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAEBKYsIAAAABAAAAAA==	</data>	<key>manufacturer</key>	<integer>1952542846</integer>	<key>name</key>	<string>Untitled</string>	<key>subtype</key>	<integer>1987013664</integer>	<key>type</key>	<integer>1635085688</integer>	<key>version</key>	<integer>0</integer></dict></plist>"}
				make new adjust amplitude action at after last action with properties {position:0.0, duration:theEntireDuration, enabled:true, name:"AdjustAmplitudeOperation", preset state:"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC \"-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN\" \"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd\"><plist version=\"1.0\"><dict>	<key>data</key>	<data>	AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAEAPRzUAAAABAAAAAA==	</data>	<key>manufacturer</key>	<integer>1952542846</integer>	<key>name</key>	<string>Untitled</string>	<key>subtype</key>	<integer>1987013664</integer>	<key>type</key>	<integer>1635085688</integer>	<key>version</key>	<integer>0</integer></dict></plist>"}
			end tell
		end tell
	on error errMsg number errNum
		display dialog errMsg & "/" & errNum buttons {"OK"} default button 1
		return "error"
	end try
end timeout

end process

on process_folder(this_folder)
set these_items to list folder this_folder without invisibles
repeat with i from 1 to the count of these_items
set this_item to alias ((this_folder as text) & (item i of these_items))
set the item_info to info for this_item
if folder of the item_info is true then
process_folder(this_item)
else if (alias of the item_info is false and the file type of the item_info is in the type_list) or (the name extension of the item_info is in the extension_list) then
processFile(this_item)
end if
end repeat
end process_folder

This would get a much more likely response if posted under AppleScript | OS X, since it’s really a scripting problem, not an Automator problem. With your permission, I’ll move it.

that’s fine with me. thanks