Trouble getting stated in AS Studio

I have recently starting using AS Studio. I am in process of rewritting a series of small scripts into one application. (All of the scripts are related, hence the program idea.) I have created a number of nibs as well as the menu to call the nibs. The problem is that I can’t get the nibs to display. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Brad Bumgarner, CTA

Subscribe to this list, and/or read the archives:
http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/applescript-studio

Thank you. I have subscribed and will (hopefully) be getting up to speed in AS Studio.
Brad Bumgarner, CTA

You might also check your names and such. I had a similar problem getting my windows to open due to naming. There are actually 2 or more places where one can “name” a window. The one your script should use to open it is located in the AppleScript portion of the info window of that part of your nib.
So, click once on the window you need to ‘talk’ to, in Interface Builder. This hilites the object, of course. Then do a command-6. This not only opens the inspector for the object, but jumps directly to the AppleScript option for that object.
If you don’t have the name in THAT name field and the window reference in your application’s script spelled exactly the same, it’ll never display your winodw.
I learned this the hard way.
Hope this helps, too. But it IS a good idea to subscribe to the list.
Be well.

I THINK I have done that correctly. I’m not at my home computer, so I can not check it. I have named a number of objects (within the windows) and I believe the windows have been named as well. I DO now know what name to use however!
Thanks again, Brad Bumgarner, CTA

Question: what IS the proper command to use to open a nib. From the examples supplied on the ADC disk, I chose the “load panel” command. Is this the proper command or am I out in left field somewhere? It wouldn’t be the first time! :slight_smile:
Thanks, Brad Bumgarner, CTA

load nib: loads the nib with the specified name
	load nib  reference  -- the object for the command

In Project Buiklder open the Resources folder and click on AppleScriptKit.asdictionary.

look at the application section

I tried using the Load Nib command. Didn’t work. I can only figure that I have something wrong elsewhere.

Thanks to everybody for your help,
Brad Bumgarner, CTA