Iwork '09 Numbers scripting

Good morning everyone.

I am a complete Applescript newbie and would like to know how to do the following things (so that I can plug them into Quickkeys as part of a wider script I am writing there). Any kindassistance greatly welcomed.

1. Within Apple Numbers 09, go first to cell A1. Then select cells A1 and B1. Copy to clipboard. (I can then switch back to another application and paste the results there).

2. Within Apple Numbers 09, go first to cell A1. Then select the entire A Row. Copy to clipboard (I can then switch back go another application and paste the results there).

3. Delete entire row A… (allowing B to move up to A) so the next line of data can be processed in a loop. It would have been nicer to have gone down from A to B to C but that’s a lot more complex and it is no problem saving out a “destruction” copy of the spreadsheet.

Googling indicates that Iwork’08 was not Applescript aware but allegedly I work’09 is. But I find nothing if I open the Applescript editor.

If Iwork is still not Applescriptable, can I do the above (and how?) in Excel or another spreadsheet as I can easily copy the data to the other spreadsheets to undertake the aim.

Many thanks !!

Model: Imac
AppleScript: Per osx 10.5.6
Browser: Safari 525.27.1
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)

Numbers '09 is scriptable.
You may look at my idisk:
http://idisk.me.com/koenigyvan-Public?view=web
an look in the folder:
For_iWork:iWork '09:for_Numbers09:

Curious may also look in the folder
For_iWork:iWork '09:
where they would find other scripts.

You may download them, use them for free.

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE mardi 7 avril 2009 22:13:36)

Thank you I will take a look !

Yvan KOENIG,

This is an old thread, but I have just started using iWork and was looking for how to change the color of a range of cells. I really had no idea where to start scripting Numbers, I have been using Excel since 1985, and scripting with VBS. I dabble in AS, but I really don’t know what I am doing. I found this thread by searching, and I downloaded your Numbers scripts.

What a fantastic tutorial! I have much to learn and I truly appreciate you going to all the trouble to publish these scripts (in two languages no less!) You are an asset to the scripting community and I am grateful.

Your ‘Change Color’ script does just what I was looking for. Now I just need to adapt it to my current needs.

Thanks again

Andy

Browser: Safari 531.9
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

Thanks for the feedback.

I am French so I write the explanations in French
and use them as a canvas to build the scripts.
When the script is finished (or at least when it resemble to a finished one),
I write the English comments (maybe with an awful syntax)
because I know that the forum’s users are mostly speaking English.

Most of my scripts where written under 10.4.11 and I hadn’t free time available to test all of them.

If you encounter errors when you run one of them under 10.6, let me know that.
Send a mail to

koenigyvanATmacPERIODcom

after replacing AT by the character (@)
after replacing PERIOD by the character period (.)

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 24 septembre 2009 20:44:21