Applescript, Mail.app, HTML and Attached files

Hello all,
In the past I’ve happily been sending emails by scripting Mail.app and attaching a zip file to said message.

The problem now comes as someone want’s an html formatted email, and maintain the attached zip file as well.

The code I was using previously was:

tell application "Mail"
	set theNewMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:themailmessagesubject, content:themailmessagebodycontent, visible:true}
	tell theNewMessage
		make new to recipient at end of to recipients with properties {address:themailmessagerecipientlist}

tell content
			make new attachment with properties {file name:themailmessageattachement as alias} at after the last word of the last paragraph
		end tell
	end tell

end tell

To get HTML to work, I changed the content item from content to html content:

tell application "Mail"
	set theNewMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:themailmessagesubject, html content:themailmessagebodycontent, visible:true}
	tell theNewMessage
		make new to recipient at end of to recipients with properties {address:themailmessagerecipientlist}

tell content
			make new attachment with properties {file name:themailmessageattachement as alias} at after the last word of the last paragraph
		end tell
	end tell

end tell

The message does get created and sent, but when received the attachment is not present :frowning: No error was given my applescript

it dawned on me that perhaps “tell content” needed to be “tell html” content, so I made that change:

tell application "Mail"
	set theNewMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:themailmessagesubject, content:themailmessagebodycontent, visible:true}
	tell theNewMessage

tell html content
		end tell
	end tell

end tell

This time I do get an error:
“Mail got an error: Can’t make last paragraph of html content of outgoing message id 9 into type reference”

Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Is there a better way to get mail to send HTML and an attachment, or do I need to use something other than mail.app and if so, what should I use?

Wow, that’s an old post. Did you ever find an answer? I am trying to figure this out right now with no luck so far.