Need help to create sub folders & saving numbers document

Hello I am having difficulty to finish the following script. For info I am running Mavericks with Numbers 09.

I would like the script to Check if some folders exist and if not create them as follows on my desktop:
Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process
ITP from KIKI
ITP to be uploaded to Kiki
ClientFolderNameFor_ITP
ITP Old

Then when all folders are either existing or newly created I would like to save and close a Numbers document as follows:
ITP from KIKI
ITP to be uploaded to Kiki
ClientFolderNameFor_ITP
new_ITPFileName.numbers
ITP Old

So far my script creates the following

{“ITP from KIKI”, “ITP to be uploaded to Kiki”, “ITP Old”}
ClientFolderNameFor_ITP

My list do not show as single folders and it cannot nest my folder “ClientFolderNameFor_ITP” in the desired folder “ITP to be uploaded to Kiki” and finally it cannot save my numbers document into the folder “ClientFolderNameFor_ITP”.

tell application "Numbers"
	tell table 1 of sheet 1 of document 1
		set A33 to (value of cell "A33") as text -- Set client folder name for ITP
		set B41 to (value of cell "B41") as text -- Set the ITP file name
	end tell
end tell

property MasterShareFolder : "Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process"
property folderList : {"ITP from KIKI", "ITP to be uploaded to Kiki", "ITP Old"}

set ClientFolderNameFor_ITP to A33
set new_ITPFileName to B41
set {TID, text item delimiters} to {text item delimiters, ","}
set theFolders to folderList as text
set text item delimiters to TID

-- create folders in case they don't exist
do shell script "/bin/mkdir -p " & quoted form of (POSIX path of (path to desktop) & MasterShareFolder & "/{" & folderList & "}/" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP)

-- Save and close Numbers document
	save document 1 in desktop & ":" & MasterShareFolder & ":" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ":" & B41 as string
	close document 1 saving no
end tell

-- Display Message to show what just happened
display dialog "File: " & new_ITPFileName & " Created in " & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & " in Desktop folder " & MasterShareFolder

Hope anyone can help!

Hi,

to get your desired folder structure with mkdir, the syntax must be

property MasterShareFolder : "'Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process'"
property folderList : "'ITP from KIKI','ITP to be uploaded to Kiki'/ClientFolderNameFor_ITP,'ITP Old'"
do shell script "/bin/mkdir -p " & quoted form of POSIX path of (path to desktop) & MasterShareFolder & "/{" & folderList & "}"

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the answer it works great but I have a bit of a problem saving my Numbers document in the proper folder?

The syntax works well for creating the proper folders except that the nested folder should not be a proper sentence but a variable from my opened Numbers document cell “A33”

I tried to place in the following my cell reference but it did not work? I bolded my adjustment…

property folderList : “‘ITP from KIKI’,‘ITP to be uploaded to Kiki’/A33,‘ITP Old’”

Finally could you help me as well with the syntax to save the numbers document in the proper folder?
It should be saved inside the created folder using the cell reference “A33”

Would the script below work? as now it hangs and finally shows a error message? It seems that I am missing one folder in my below script but do not know how to make it appear? A33 should nested in the folder “ITP to be uploaded to Kiki”

save document 1 in desktop & ":" & MasterShareFolder & ":" & A33 & ":" & B41 as string
end tell

try this

property MasterShareFolder : "'Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process'"

set ClientFolderNameFor_ITP to (value of cell "A33") as text -- Set client folder name for ITP
		set new_ITPFileName to (value of cell "B41") as text -- Set the ITP file name
	end tell
end tell

set folderList to "'ITP from KIKI','ITP to be uploaded to Kiki'/" & quoted form of ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ",'ITP Old'"

do shell script "/bin/mkdir -p " & quoted form of POSIX path of (path to desktop) & MasterShareFolder & "/{" & folderList & "}"
set destinationFilePath to (path to desktop as text) & MasterShareFolder & ":ITP to be uploaded to Kiki:" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ":" & new_ITPFileName
	save document 1 in destinationFilePath
end tell

Thanks Stefan,

Tried the script super cool!!! we are getting close as now only the numbers saving part does not work I got an error message.

check if the variable destinationFilePath contains the proper full path by inserting a log or display dialog line

this is what I get

tell application “Numbers”
save document 1 in “Macintosh HD:Users:clbair2012:Desktop:‘Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process’:ITP to be uploaded to Kiki:ELL - elioTeknology ltd:ITP_ELLi14021101_-_500Pcs_Plastic_Recorder Microphone Shape_M6”
Result:
error “Numbers got an error: AppleEvent timed out.” number -1712

It seems that it does not save the file as a numbers file anyway? Is that the problem?

then try it by appending the file extension

set destinationFilePath to (path to desktop as text) & MasterShareFolder & ":ITP to be uploaded to Kiki:" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ":" & new_ITPFileName & ".numbers"

I tried that solution already but it generates 2 sets of different nested folders with one with quoted signs that will hold my saved file but in this structure the list does not appear.

I tried this solution as well without success…

save document 1 in (path to desktop as text) & MasterShareFolder & ":ITP to be uploaded to Kiki:" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ":" & new_ITPFileName & ".numbers"
end tell

I noticed, that the property line contains both double and single quotes. Remove the single quotes

Hello Stefan,

By removing the single quote I go back to one of my original problems as not to create my directories here is the results lines.

tell application “Numbers”
get value of cell “A33” of table 1 of sheet 1 of document 1
→ “TIE - Titrachi Event”
get value of cell “B41” of table 1 of sheet 1 of document 1
→ “ITP_TIEi14013001_-_500Pcs_Plastic_Recorder Microphone Shape_M6”
end tell
tell current application
path to desktop
→ alias “Macintosh HD:Users:clbair2012:Desktop:”
do shell script “/bin/mkdir -p '/Users/clbair2012/Desktop/'Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process/{‘ITP from KIKI’,‘ITP to be uploaded to Kiki’/‘TIE - Titrachi Event’,‘ITP Old’}”
→ error “mkdir: ITP: Permission denied
mkdir: Inquiry: Permission denied
mkdir: Timming: Permission denied
mkdir: Process/ITP from KIKI: Permission denied
mkdir: Process/ITP to be uploaded to Kiki/TIE - Titrachi Event: Permission denied
mkdir: Process/ITP Old: Permission denied” number 1
Result:
error “mkdir: ITP: Permission denied
mkdir: Inquiry: Permission denied
mkdir: Timming: Permission denied
mkdir: Process/ITP from KIKI: Permission denied
mkdir: Process/ITP to be uploaded to Kiki/TIE - Titrachi Event: Permission denied
mkdir: Process/ITP Old: Permission denied” number 1

Hi Stefan,

I finally got an acceptable result by modifying the property line with underscores in between the words but best would be to show the master folder without underscores…

Here is the script modified if you can help with this final little glitch would be great…

Anyway thanks for your time and efforts.

property MasterShareFolder : "Temp_ITP_Inquiry_Timming_Process"

set ClientFolderNameFor_ITP to (value of cell "A33") as text -- Set client folder name for ITP
	end tell
end tell

set folderList to "'ITP from KIKI','ITP to be uploaded to Kiki'/" & quoted form of ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ",'ITP Old'"

save document 1 in (path to desktop as text) & MasterShareFolder & ":ITP to be uploaded to Kiki:" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ":" & new_ITPFileName & ".numbers"
end tell

property MasterShareFolder : "Temp ITP Inquiry Timming Process"

end tell
end tell

do shell script "/bin/mkdir -p " & quoted form of POSIX path of (path to desktop) & quoted form of MasterShareFolder & "/{" & folderList & "}"
set destinationFilePath to (path to desktop as text) & MasterShareFolder & ":ITP to be uploaded to Kiki:" & ClientFolderNameFor_ITP & ":" & new_ITPFileName & ".numbers"
	save document 1 in file destinationFilePath
end tell

Stefan you are the best…

Thanks I am learning a lot here…