Xcode Applescript create list of results

Hi, I have been trying to work out the best way to accomplish this and every time I think I am on to something it doesn’t seem to work in my situation.

If someone could point me in the right direction to an existing example or the correct google term I would be very grateful.

I am creating a Cocoa - Applescript Application in Xcode 5.

I have the basics in already, which so far prompts the user to select an audio track, the track is then played back in Quick Time and I have a button to return the current play time of the track, as it stands at the moment this returns the time to a variable of SMPTE ala.

tell application “QuickTime Player”
set SMPTE to get current time of document 1
end tell

My problem is what to do with the result of “SMPTE”

I would like to generate a list in a separate window with each button press updating a new row with the new returned value.

I have tried using a NSTableColumn but can’t work out how to “auto fill” with each subsequent button press.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post.

B

You easiest approach is to have a table with the table column bound to a property, and to have the action handler for the button update the list stored in the property.

Hi Benwin,

I thought I was going mad when I saw this question here. I could have sworn I had answered it but could not see the answer here.
Then realised I answered it on:stackoverflow.com

Yeah posted it on here but I meant to post it on Stack Overflow :rolleyes: