Challenging Issue: Unable to set background Image of DMG on 10.6 only

Hi All,
My application supports all Mac OS from 10.6.x to 10.9.x. Below is the excerpt applescript that is used to open the disk and set its properties of which background image is also one.

===========My Script==================================================================================

dmg_width=630
dmg_height=495
dmg_topleft_x=200
dmg_topleft_y=200
dmg_bottomright_x=expr $dmg_topleft_x + $dmg_width
dmg_bottomright_y=expr $dmg_topleft_y + $dmg_height
dmg_back=“background.png”
echo ’
tell application “Finder”
tell disk “‘$2’”
open
set current view of container window to icon view
set toolbar visible of container window to false
set statusbar visible of container window to false
set the bounds of container window to {‘${dmg_topleft_x}’, ‘${dmg_topleft_y}’, ‘${dmg_bottomright_x}’, ‘${dmg_bottomright_y}’}
set theViewOptions to the icon view options of container window
set arrangement of theViewOptions to not arranged
set icon size of theViewOptions to 72
set background picture of theViewOptions to file “.background:‘${dmg_back}’”
set position of item “‘${build_pkg}.mpkg’” of container window to {300,200}
set position of item “‘Funai\ Extras’” of container window to {190,600}
close
open
update without registering applications
delay 5
eject
delay 5
end tell
end tell
’ | osascript

The challenging part is, the background image is set perfectly on 10.7.x/10.8.x/10.9.x and works like a charm, but the background image is not set only in 10.6.x!!

The image to be set is part of the hidden folder “.background” which contains the image “background.png”. Since the image is set on all other OS, the image and its dimensions issues are ruled out. Also, If I place the same image at Desktop on 10.6.x and from the mounted disk window, I try to manually set the “Picture” property via the “Set View Options” and select the image at desktop, the image is added fine to the mounted window. Only issue is that it does not happen via the applescript. I want the script to work on all OS from 10.6.x to 10.9.x.

I have spent all of my last 3 days doing all the permutations and combinations to set the image to the best of my knowledge, have seen the archives at Mac Scripter and tried them too before posting here and none has solved my issue.

Could some expert look to this and let me know for any solution as this is very high priority and needs to be delivered ASAP by me. I would be ever grateful.

Thanks and appreciate your time.

Warm Rgds
Sindhu

======================================================================================================
Could some one from the forum please take a look to this? My deadline for this was today and I have made no headway in this regard. Would greatly appreciate your time and help.

Thanks.

======================================================================================================
I am still struggling with this issue and have made no headway. Can anyone look to this please. Would greatly appreciate your time and help.

Thanks.