I'm trying to script a program called Marketing Pilot

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Finder"

set target to static text "Requests" of UI element "Requests" of group 1 of group 18 of list 1 of group 4 of UI element 1 of scroll area 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of group 1 of group 1 of group 3 of window "MarketingPilot - Web Server" of application process "Safari" of application "System Events"

tell target to perform action "AXPress"
		delay 0.1
		--tell target to perform action "AXScrollToVisible"

end tell
end tell

Sorry, I was typing, hit return, and everything posted.
I’m trying to script a program. I have an item I can’t identify, I’ve tried UIElement Inspector. I need to double click the item to get a drop down menu to appear.
I’ve used the following code, but it still won’t double click fast enough to trigger the drop down menu.

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Finder"

set target to static text "Requests" of UI element "Requests" of group 1 of group 18 of list 1 of group 4 of UI element 1 of scroll area 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of group 1 of group 1 of group 3 of window "MarketingPilot - Web Server" of application process "Safari" of application "System Events"

delay 0.1
		--tell target to perform action "AXScrollToVisible"

end tell
end tell

need a little help.
Thanks

Model: MacBook OS X 10.9.3
AppleScript: 2.6.1
Browser: Safari 537.76.4
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

Hi skipdidthis.

You can edit or delete your own posts using the links in the bottom right hand corner of each one. (But be careful. Deleting the first post in a topic takes down the entire thread.)

It’s not clear from your script whether you’re trying to GUI-script the Finder, Safari, or “a program called Marketing Pilot”. If it’s a page in Safari, as it seems to be, you won’t need the ‘process “Finder”’ tell statement and you should post the URL of the page concerned so that any potential helpers can see what you’re talking about.

This is a page from a program that requires a password, so I can’t post the URL.
What the page has is a list of selections down the left side. To the left of each selection (static Text) is a small triangle. The selection I’m trying to key is called “Requests”. If I click on the triangle to the left of “Requests”, a sub list pops up. At the top of that sublist is a selection called “All Requests”.
If I double click on the static text “Requests” the same thing will happen. If I single click on it, I get a single clicked list that goes elsewhere.
If I can get to that double clicked sublist containing “All Requests”, I can get the script to click on “All Requests” and go to the page I want.
But I can’t get the script to double click on “Requests”.

-I have identified the items in this selection as:
-Group 18 of List blah blah blah
-Group 1 of Group 18 of List blah blah blah
-UI Element “Requests” of Group 1 of Group 18 of List blah blah blah
-static text “Requests” of UI Element “Requests” of Group 1 of 18 of List blah blah blah

I can’t identify the small triangle in order to script it. Using the UIElement Inspector, I find it has no name, it’s not referred to as a button or anything, but I can get the x and y coordinates. However scripting the mouse to click there does nothing.
Clicking on group 1 or group 18 does nothing.
Scripting to click on the UI Element “Requests”, per my sample script, gets the single click and the useless sublist, same for clicking on the static text “Requests”.
What I need is for the script to perform a double click on static text “Requests”.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Hi
you could try cliclick, down load from here http://www.bluem.net/en/mac/cliclick/

https://github.com/BlueM/cliclick --some extra info

if you no the exact coordinates of the button you could try something like the below.

set cliclick_Path to POSIX path of (((path to desktop) as text) & "cliclick")
set cliclick_Path_Posix to POSIX path of cliclick_Path
do shell script quoted form of cliclick_Path_Posix & space & "dc:500,500" -- change the x & y coodinates

Yes, that works.Thank you very much for your help.