curl error Broken Pipe

Hi all,

Some days ago a very useful droplet I wrote some months ago and that I use a very regular basis just broke and keeps on breaking.
The droplet is just sending the dropped files to a distant server using curl shell script. Nothing has changed on the server side. I’m getting a Broken pipe error.

Can anyone point me to the right direction to fixing that? I can see my version of curl is 7.21.6 when the latest available is 7.39. I’ve downloaded the source but don’t really what to do with it. I’m on Mac OS 10.8.5.

Another important thing is that even via Cyberduck does the transfer of files fail.

How to get that working flawlessly again?

Do you have Internet Sharing enabled?

I don’t think so. I shall check.
This said, I’ve been able to upload files to the server in another folder. I wonder if there is sth corrupted somewhere over there preventing me to upload files to the required folder. They’ll erase that folder and create me a new one to see if things go better.
Thanks for your help! I’ll try to keep you informed in case it’s fixed.

Because you mention that the error occurs in more applications it’s not the command line util. Internet sharing can cause problems when you have a chain of networks before going to the Internet. The routing (NAT) is not working properly.

If the other application is sending a SIGPIPE error from libcurl as well the library has an error. The SIGPIPE error means in general that the curl writes to an pipe that has been closed. So I wanted to make sure that everything routes properly before digging into your system and change network settings. Did you set hardware settings to auto in you advanced network settings for you Internet adapter?