XCode 3.2.1 run-only attribute in release build configuration

First, thanks for this great forum! I have learned so much from it, and it seems to be one of the few resources for ASOC!

With the previous version of xCode, when my build configuration was “Release,” I could view the package contents, and try to open the .scpt file… and it would not let me open the file, claiming it was saved as “run-only.”

Now, with Xcode 3.2.1, writing in ASOC, I noticed that when I try to do this, I can open and see the applescript file in Applescript editor. My question is: Is there some way to toggle “run-only” for the release build configuration in Xcode 3.2.1?

Thanks!

Go to Project → Edit Project Settings, choose Configuration: Release, then scroll down to the last lot of settings, OSA Compile - Build Settings, and click in the checkbox for Save as Execute Only.

Where is this setting in Xcode 4? I am stuck in debug mode…!

Product → Build for Profiling gives you a release version.

Found it under “Product” menu, “Edit Scheme”… Build Configuration on the info tab.

It seems in Xcode 5 that however I build it I end up with an application that I can view package contents and open the Applescript resource inside. Am I not seeing something or is this a bug?

Model: MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Core i7 16GB RAM
Browser: Safari 537.31
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

The setting is now under the Project’s Build settings tab.

Hi Shane - I can’t see anything about that there. Only stuff about Derived Data Location. I might have to wait until your version 5 book comes out “ which I intend to buy!

There’s a search field: type OSA.

Thanks Shane - I went to the target and found it with searching for OSA.