AppleScript Editor - wrong modification date on AS applicatoins

I’m a bit confused about this forum, because I have Snow Leopard, and cant find anything about “AppleScript studio” for SL. But I have “AppleScript Editor”, and I have found a bug in it. Is this the riht forum for this bug.

When I save my script as an application, the “modification date” of the application file stays unchanged (the same as the creation date) when I save my changes.

Is this a AppleScript Editor bug, or is it the way OSX deals with modification dates of applications? In the latter case, I believe that AppleScript Editor should make sure to update the modification date, so the scripts can work with source code systems, such as CVS.

Not really, but never mind…

When I save my script as an application, the "modification date" of the application file stays unchanged (the same as the creation date) when I save my changes.

Is this a AppleScript Editor bug, or is it the way OSX deals with modification dates of applications?  In the latter case, I believe that AppleScript Editor should make sure to update the modification date, so the scripts can work with source code systems, such as CVS.

It’s the way OS X deals with the modification dates of bundles. It won’t affect CVS systems because they look at the files inside the bundle, and you should find the mod dates there have changed.

Thank You! I didn’t notice it was a bundle (it just didn’t click at first), and thought the latest version of AppleScript Editor had a bug because my saves were not updating the timestamp. I’m so glad I came across this thread, and that you took the time to answer even though it was the wrong forum.

thanks again! :slight_smile:

chris