General advice regarding many bound objects

Hi All,

I have an app that was built in Applescript Studio which I am re writing for ApplescriptObjC that displays the contents of a database and allows the user to edit values. The initial screen is a table view displaying a list of client names. When you double click on a name, it queries the mysql database for all available fields and populates text fields, table views and check boxes for that client in an attached sheet. There are over 30 fields.

Coming from building apps in AS, I am still picking up the object-orientated mind set. I am just getting to grips with bindings, but it would seem like I would need loads of properties to bind to UI elements, and in my head, the code for sorting this out would be pretty clunky.

Is this a candidate for some sort of record? I can’t seem to bind to objects of a record. Or a ‘client’ object. Not sure how to create this, but I have the ASOC explored book.

I know all this is pretty basic, but it’s not sinking in at the moment :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help or guidance

Ian

The object-oriented approach is to have classes, and bind their properties. However, that can pose problems in ASObjC. Using records is usually safer. Binding to records is simple enough: a record someRecord with a field theName is bound by the keypath someRecord.theName

Thanks Shane, I will give that a try

Ian