change MyCompanyName in XCode

For anyone who may be interested, you can change the MyCompanyName string in Xcode using the “defaults write” command.

defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions '{ "ORGANIZATIONNAME" = "by Greggo by Golly, Inc" ; }'

In PB (Project Builder) use…

defaults write com.apple.ProjectBuilder PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions '{ "ORGANIZATIONNAME" = "by Greggo by Golly, Inc" ; }'

Of course you may want to replace the “by Greggo by Golly” string with your own companies name ;¬) Also, I’m not sure if this is the preferred method of doing this, but it works.

Yes, this is a fine way of changing that property. There are other properties you can modify as well (I find the year particularly helpful). You can find plenty of information about modifying these properties on the AS Studio mailing list archives ([url=http://cocoa.mamasam.com/COCOADEV/2003/09/2/73340.php]http://cocoa.mamasam.com/COCOADEV/2003/09/2/73340.php[/url]). Further, (as I’ve mentioned previously, I think) I have modified my default AppleScript application project (Xcode: /Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Project Templates/Application/AppleScript Application; PB: it’s in the Developers directory someplace, I forget where). Opening this project and modifying the default Application.applescript, MainMenu.nib (naming default elements and setting their handlers), InfoPlist.strings, etc. will allow those modifications to be added to all of your new AS Studio apps. I have done this to add a default progress panel, about panel, version, etc. as well custom routines and properties to my applications. Instead of the default header in the Application.applescript:

I prefer:

You can simply modify the default project by opening the files in Xcode or IB as necessary. The only caveat is to delete the build folder that is created when you modify this project. Also, I found it useful to work on a duplicate project keeping the original one in tact. You can add as many projects as you’d like to this folder and they will appear in you new project list in Xcode. I have a couple of defaults for complete apps, minimal apps, and demo projects. This makes creating new apps much, much easier and quicker.

Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

Thanks for the additional tips Jon ;¬)