First time script with an old book

I’m just beggining with this whole applescript thing and I’m using a pretty old book so I may not be up to date with some of this stuff but here goes…
Here’s what I’m trying to do. I want to download a text file that contains a bunch of HTML, save it to a folder as an HTML file and then upload it to my webspace. I’ve got two problems.
So far I’ve got an applescript that will download the text file to my desktop as an html file. How do I get it to save the file somewhere else? I can get the applescript to move it after it’s saved but that seems a bit inefficent.
Here’s the big problem though, I want to use the terminal to upload the file from my computer to my webspace. I heard that the Terminal is scriptable but how scriptable is it? I suppose I could use some other ftp application but the Terminal is free and I usually use it to upload files.

You could also just use Mac OS X 10.1 or higher, which includes the ‘do shell script’ command without requiring a third-party OSAX.

Then, you can just get your file specification as a string, swap in forward-slashes for the colons, then use ftp in the shell to upload it. Then again, if you’re going to download it with URL Access Scripting, you could use the same thing to upload it, Check out the dictionary for URL Access Scripting (built-in Apple-built scripting addition)