Can I create a new Hide My Email email address from Terminal or AppleScript or a .zsh script?

Hi guys,

I am new here but I am a mid-level developer with some experience writing zsh scripts, using terminal, JavaScript, Swift and various bits and bobs.

I would love to be able to create a new Hide My Email email address from the command line/terminal or write an AppleScript for it or an Automator routine.

I have played around with AppleScript but frankly the syntax is obscure and frustrating. Having said that I have been able to select some of the prefPane items in System Settings using AppleScript but have had mixed results and I’m generally struggling with composing scripts. Selecting iCloud by name seems impossible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ryan Ashton

is this of any help:

As far as I’m aware, Apple haven’t released any method of interacting with the Hide My Email feature at a software level (no API, no AppleScript, no command line, etc.).

All the solutions out there rely on UI scripting to replicate user actions (open system preferences click this button, type this string, etc.), which is notorious for breaking as new versions of MacOS come along and the dialog settings have changed.

Use something else that makes you happy.