Need help batching the process of taking screenshots of webpages

I am trying to take screenshots of webpages, prior to learning about Paparazzi I thought I was quite the smrt guy ;). Having found Paparazzi and realizing that it would work better for what I want I need some help scripting it, specifically the batching process. What I need to do is feed Paparazzi a list of websites and have it take the screenshots at a specific resolution. While I can do this interactively the desire is to feed a list of pages to a headless Mac mini and have Paparazzi chew through the sites then grab the results later.

Does anyone have any knowledge of scripting a batch process for Paparazzi, i’m completely stumped and google is turning up nothing.

Thanks,
RCook

When you install Paparazzi it also installs some Automator actions, in particular batching…

Yes your right it does, however I’m not finding any documentation for it. Assuming that you know how I might use the Automator actions could you please provide a little more descriptive help?

Thanks,
RCook

I use the following instructions to automate screen capture:

–the variable website_name is associated to the name you want to give to the resulting .png file
set picPath to (“/Users/scyr/Desktop/WEBSITE snap/” & website_name & “.png”) as string
do shell script "screencapture " & quoted form of picPath

Hope it will help

You might also find this article interesting :wink:

Hmm, the Actions for the batch capture are a bit flacky. The Start capture now does not work.

So you might as well use the applescript form.

set theUrls to {"http://www.apple.com", "http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=29807"}

tell application "Paparazzi!"
	add theUrls to batch window 1
	tell batch window 1 to start capturing
end tell

The size preset and other settings do not work on the batch capture??. This is just a beta app so that would be why things are not quite right.

The batch window will use the settings in the prefs. Apart from the size preset .

Hi stefcy,

You script will only capture the screen. This is a screen capture.
rcookr is trying to capture whole web site pages. and not just the portion you can see. Also without loading it in the browser.

Woops, I guess I misunderstood the post… But will check Paparazzi. Thanks.